PDA

View Full Version here: : Eta Carina - HaHaRGB

AlexN
04-11-2008, 11:07 PM
As a follow up to the Ha Eta from last week, I've added RGB data collected the following night.. It took me quite some time to figure out how to combine it properly, and im still not sure about the color... but its nice to look at in my opinion, whether its technically correct or not..

over all this shot is 12x600sec RGB, and 12x600 + 2x1200 Ha

Ha:Ha+R:G:B combine in PS.

Taken with QHY8 + Megrez 102.

Thanks for looking.
Alex.

iceman
05-11-2008, 04:42 AM
Looks pretty good to me, Alex, but some of the layer masking you've done on the Humunculus is off - the colour is completely different.

Why Ha:Ha+R:G:B?

When combining Luminance (Ha) with an RGB, it's as simple as leaving one layer as "normal" and the other layer above as "Colour" or "Luminance" (depending on which you use as the base layer).

It's easiest to use the Luminance as the base layer, blend mode normal, and then the RGB as the layer above and use "Colour" as the blending mode. Obviously the layers have the be aligned. You may then need to use some additional adjustment layers to colour balance the result to taste.

AlexN
05-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Just wanted to see how it came out.. I've got a HaRGB version too..

Here!

winensky
05-11-2008, 08:47 PM
I really like the Ha RGB version. Although you may feel that you are loosing some nebular detail, The star colours and contrast feels better in the second version, (well at least to me). I look at star colours to help me try and get the colour balance right, a balance of blue white red and yellow. (Probably trying to teach you to suck eggs here as your pics are better than mine).

AlexN
05-11-2008, 09:15 PM
:) all info given to me is taken on board mate... It makes good sense... I think its fair to say that this is still a work in progress... but the final version is nearing :)

multiweb
06-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Very cool pic! :thumbsup: Nice work.

Tandum
06-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Alex, what does the RGB look like? Can you post all three together?

Jen
06-11-2008, 04:51 PM
:thumbsup:nice Alex :thumbsup:

AlexN
06-11-2008, 04:55 PM
I'll have to redo it, but I'll post up RGB, HaRGB and HaHa+RGB later tonight.