PDA

View Full Version here: : EQ5 Hand controller holder

TrevorW
06-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Heres a project that will keep you busy one night (refer plans)

A holder for your hand controller.

One piece of the sticky backed Velcro goes on the leg of your tripod, the other on the back of the holder.

Now you have somewhere to put the controller.

Cut all pieces using a Stanley trimmer stick them together paint and the job's done.

:thumbsup:

Jeff
06-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks Trevor ... that's a great low-cost idea. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Jeff

TrevorW
08-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks Jeff for the praise but surely there's more EQ5 hand controllers out there with nowhere to sit when not in use how about a snug little home for them.

If you don't want to go to the expense of Evergreen Sheet Styrene any old perspex will do as long as the glues a strong plastic glue perspex works just as well.

Attached are a couple of photo's of the finished product.

Tonight I'm working on a SLA battery power supply anyone want to know about the finished product.

:hi:

04Stefan07
23-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Very good idea. Might try and make one for my electric focuser hand controller.

ozstockman
23-02-2013, 09:33 PM
It is a great idea. I remember how it was difficult without it when I had time to use my setup. I can cut out something like this of Mdf with a laser if there is an interest in boxes like this. it won't be too expensive because it is small. If anybody is interested send me a pm. Or If you need anything else to be laser cut out pm me. If you can provide your design in vector graphic it will be even cheaper. I can do wood and plastic, no metal at this point.

Steffen
24-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Ah Velcro – is there anything it can't do? :)

I took a similar approach, after the holder clip that goes onto the spreader tray annoyed the heck out of me. I put pieces of Velcro (the fluffy side) around all three legs just below the spreader and stuck the other side onto the hand controller (as well as onto the SkyFi). Now can I slap the controller against the nearest leg and it will stick regardless of its orientation.

I've also put a piece of Velcro onto the flat side of the HEQ5pro mount, to hold my dew controller when needed.

Cheers
Steffen.

04Stefan07
01-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Good work I will defs be doing this!