zenith for long periods.

If you do use dew heaters do you use them on both ends? just wondering
if it would effect the performance having only the ep end dew heated, so
to speak.

regards,CS

Dennis
12-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi Rob

On my Vixen 30x125 giant binos I use a Kendrick 8” SCT sized dew strap wrapped around the built in lens hoods covering the objectives and a Dew-Not bino dew strap (http://www.dew-not.com/dew-not-desc-01.htm)for the eyepieces, purchased from Scopestuff (http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_dnot.htm).

Using these, the binos have never dewed up. I don’t slew the Vixen around; it’s too big and heavy, so I tend to stay in one region and cruise, so the cables hanging off the beast are not a problem.

You feel a very slight, but nice warmth on your eyes and I haven’t noticed any seeing degradation. Even if there were some seeing loss, it would still be a big improvement on fogged up, useless glass.

Cheers

Dennis

CoombellKid
14-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Thanks Dennis, I'll look into what scopestuff have.

regards,CS

CoombellKid
14-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Dennies,

Also, what sort of power do it need to run Kendrick type dew heaters. I'm
wondering if I can get/make/whatever a dew heater system that's maybe