PDA

View Full Version here: : Venus in UV false colour

iceman
06-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Venus is well on its way to solar conjunction now, but I wanted to capture one last image of it before it's gone for another few months.

It's a second light image for my Schuler UV filter, and took images in RGB white light as well to create a false-colour Venus.

Venus was only 20deg altitude and the UV channel presents a tough target as it's very dim. I captured at 7.5fps (1/8s exposure) and it needed much, much more exposure.

The good news is, this image is the last from my sessions on Mon/Tue morning and now I can archive the data, clearing space for next time, and get to processing the DSO images taken on those nights :)

Thanks for looking.

stonewalled
07-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Outstanding as usual!!

Just wanted to thank-you for all the quality images you post - they are just excellent.

Any chance of a daytime capture of Venus???

Cheers

Paul

iceman
07-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks paul, much appreciated.

If my scope was setup with goto properly, I'm sure it could be done - but my only chance would be to leave it tracking on it from early morning when I could actually see it.

As it gets closer to the sun though it would be very difficult, as sunlight would be streaming into the tube.

h0ughy
07-03-2008, 12:52 PM
LOL sure its not mars? so you have mercury, now venus, saturn, jupiter, mars? only 2 more to go!!