PDA

View Full Version here: : More shots of Jupiter, Mercury, Venus and Moon

StephenM
06-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

Unfortunately it clouded over at dawn this morning, so no views of the close grouping of Mercury Venus and Moon today :(. (Of course it was completely cloud-free at 3am, and sunny again by 7:30am! :()

However, I did get a few shots yesterday morning, which I was quite happy with. See below.

Did anyone else image this morning's grouping? I'd like to see what I missed!

Cheers,
Stephen

erick
06-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Didn't image but it was a lovely sight from Melbourne in between a bit of scattered cloud. Dark side of the Moon nicely lit as well! Nice compact grouping of Moon, Venus and Mercury. Radio was talking about it, but only had the Moon and Venus identified.

iceman
06-03-2008, 10:56 AM
It sure was a lovely sight this morning, of course ruined by cloud :( I hope I got some shots of it between the clouds, yet to process.

Nice images Stephen!

spacezebra
06-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi Guys

Out early to capture a few shots of the awsome sight!

Cheers Petra

Dennis
06-03-2008, 12:47 PM
A nice set of photos Stephen - I like the middle one the best; maybe the portrait format adds some drama to the setting?

Thanks for posting the series – I just didn’t get my act together for this conjunction due to the changeable weather.

Cheers

Dennis

StephenM
06-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks guys.

Thanks for posting that image Petra - it looks very spectacular!

Would have been a great subject for the 300mm lens (which I had set up on the camera this morning, ready to go :( ). Oh well, I guess I'll have to save it for the Venus-Jupiter-Moon conjuction on December 1st...:D

Cheers,
Stephen

edwardsdj
06-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi Stephen,

I saw it visiually on the morning of the 5th. It was spectacular and your images capture the scene well.

Have fun,
Doug