PDA

View Full Version here: : Partial Solar Eclipse from Wee Jasper

iceman
11-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Hi all

I've been away for a few days without internet access - it's great to see everyone's partial eclipse efforts!

While not an incredibly significant event as far as solar events go, it was my first solar eclipse of any kind so I was keen to capture something. I was lucky to capture anything - rain and clouds over most of NSW, and my family and I were on our way to a camping trip at Wee Jasper, outside Canberra.

I arrived at the camp ground in patchy sunshine right in the middle of the eclipse, so I quickly dragged the scope and imaging equipment out of the trailer and plonked it down to take some prime focus images with my ED80 and Canon 350D.

It clouded over again shortly after so I was lucky to get what I did. My family and I also enjoyed the view through my eclipse shades. Definitely looking forward to the Total Solar Eclipse in Cairns, Australia in 2012.

Crop and full-frame attached.

Thanks for looking.

Emanuele
11-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Great shot Mike! :)

Dennis
11-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Nice work Mike. From all the posts on IIS, it has been very interesting to see the variations in depth of the partial eclipse depending on location.

I missed the deepest part in Brisbane due to clouds.

Cheers

Dennis

edwardsdj
12-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Very nice eclipse image Mike :)

It's awesome you were able to capture that active region.

h0ughy
12-02-2008, 07:38 AM
most impressed Mike!! just getting clear skies was a bonus, we had storms here when it was happening