PDA

View Full Version here: : Saturn for 1st Feb - UK

legion48
05-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Hello everyone, I've been lurking here for a week or so and thought it time to make a post, so here's my latest Saturn. I'm coming over from the UK for a holiday and will be in Perth on the 17th Feb for 3 weeks. I won't be bringing any astro gear except for a pair of bino's but I hope to try and capture something - Omega Centauri perhaps - using my brothers DSLR and tripod. If anyone near Perth city center would like to meet up for a nights observing and a few beers I'd be interested to hear from you.:)

Tony.

http://astro-web.eu/saturn-010208.jpg

Matty P
05-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Hello and welcome to IIS Tony! :welcome:

A very nice capture of Saturn, Well done! :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy your holiday when you come to Oz. :)

iceman
05-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi Tony, :welcome: to IceInSpace! Great to have you onboard.

That's a nice Saturn - but the channels are misaligned (blue at top, red at bottom). Using registax, click on the "RGB Align" tab and click "Estimate" and it will do a good job of re-aligning them for you.

legion48
05-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks Iceman. I did what you suggested and Registrax did make a small adjustment. To small for my old eyes to notice a difference though.:)

little col
06-02-2008, 01:04 AM
welcome aboard tony , nice to see you on here , nice saturn image to and wow those rings have closed alot since my last view:thumbsup:

legion48
06-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi Col, I didn't expect to see you here mate.:-)

little col
06-02-2008, 11:17 PM
:D yep i am all over the place , came across iis a while ago and very accommodating they have been to , very nice members with excellent imaging advice :thumbsup:
also its nice to share deep sky images around the world , love the southern targets as much as the northern and i am sure it works visa versa to :)