PDA

View Full Version here: : What's wrong with this picture?

Marko of Oz
14-01-2008, 05:02 PM
A customer bought this computer in for a service because it wouldn't boot. And yes, the pictures show dust encrusted cobwebs. :eyepop:

Mind you, the no boot issue was a dead memory chip. Go figure.

Into about the 6th straight week of overcast weather here so I had to post something. There's been maybe 2 or 3 sucker holes in the last 6 weeks. :mad2:

erick
14-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Imagine what a mess the world would be in if spider web was conductive! :D

DobDobDob
14-01-2008, 05:12 PM
What's your point :P, I have a dozen computers in worse condition than that, all working well, all have Windows for Workgroups 3.11 on them, some have spider remains, going back many generations. I just can't figure out why you would draw what is common to just about everybody, to our attention :lol:

Dennis
14-01-2008, 05:12 PM
LOL - amazing photos, thanks for posting them.

Cheers

Dennis

CoombellKid
14-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Wow! is that what nano technology looks like :whistle:

regards,CS

Glenhuon
14-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I've got a mate that brings me puters he finds in the tip to check out, never seen one that bad in all the years I've been fixing them :lol:
One that gave me the biggest laugh was a customers in WA who had paid $400 for a puter and when I opened it up someone had installed the motherboard in a different case still attached to the old case steel frame. Nothing lined up of course so they had filled in the gaps at the back with gaffer tape. Original problem was no start, kids had switched off the power supply at the back of the puter. Fixed it up and no charge, reckoned they had paid enough :)

Cheers
Bill

Glenhuon
14-01-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm actually posting on an Acer 2.8Ghz Celeron that he brought in this morning, 256 RAM, Genuine Win XP home, DVD Burner, MS Office XP and a heap of games. Took about an hour to get it going (badly seated RAM module). We live in a throw away world for sure.

Cheers
Bill

Ric
14-01-2008, 09:45 PM
At least the spiders were nice and warm. :D

ballaratdragons
14-01-2008, 09:52 PM
That's called 'being connected to the web!' :rofl: