PDA

View Full Version here: : HOme tomorrow

h0ughy
11-01-2008, 02:22 PM
yep here I type I have exactly 20 minutes left of my 1 hours break on the net - the family are asleep and all is well. I have earned some brownie points, not killed the kids and the wife seems relaxed and calm - for now. come home tomorrow morning.

I brought with me my 100mm binos and the mount - and my PST. I had the PST out yesterday afternoon and was watching a spectacular prominence on the Sun - it even left the suns surface and then later rejoined it over a few hours - that was a buzz for me to see - in real time.

last night I have the binos going - Orion was spectacular as tooo eta and a myriad of open clusters and globs through Sagittarius to Carina had a wow of a time and the triangle of three bright red objects (mars, Aldebaran and Betelgeuse was great to see naked eye. opps must go they are now awake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h0ughy
12-01-2008, 11:10 PM
well we got back safely only to watch the afternoon cloud tumble in this evening - didn't even bother to try and set up. Here are a few happy snaps of last nights moon and the sky I had to endure at Halifax caravan park in Port Stephens its not often you can see the SMC and LMC from suburban skies with the street lights on (widefield is a 15 second shot iso 800)....you can here.;)

RB
12-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Welcome back Dave !
Now things can get back to normal 'round here. :)

Nice pics, did you take any others?

xelasnave
12-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Always good to get back home safe... nice Earth shine there
I hope you took some time simply to gaze at the Clouds (LMC and SMC) it is something to eyeball them a treat not experienced by our Northern Hemisphere friends... I love just looking at them sitting in a chair and wondering if there could be anyone there looking back.
alex

h0ughy
12-01-2008, 11:43 PM
had the 25 x 100 binos on them for a few hours:whistle:

h0ughy
12-01-2008, 11:46 PM
only these RB