PDA

View Full Version here: : vPOSTUSA vPOSTASIA

harwayharry
10-01-2008, 06:50 PM
While I can't find the thread now, somewhere not long ago I came across a discussion about the on-forwarding services offered by vPOST (Singapore). The advantages claimed were that the cost was supposed to be cheaper than others and one could have a US delivery address to take advantage of free CONUS shipping and/or get access to items not available directly to the Australian market from the US.

Well, I am in the middle of trying to sort out the mess that trying that service has caused !! As many of you will be aware, buying on-line via credit card payment DOES NOT GENERATE AN INVOICE - rather an order is produced and then a receipt and/or shipping advice.

These morons have received my parcel OK, but refuse to dispatch my goods from the US because I don't have an invoice to give them. I sent them all the abovementioned documentation, together with an explanation they shouldn't need if they are used to doing this sort of business, but NOT GOOD ENOUGH for them. Further, if they ever do send me my gear rather than divvying it up between the staff, the charges are WAY ABOVE what I could have got them for either direct via UPS or via USPS (like US$35 USPS 6-10 days, or US$86 UPS versus US$118 from vPOST.

Basically when I complained about the charge they said "tough - read the fine print" - and if you do, the disclaimer about their cost comparisons makes it pretty clear they are aware that their claims are rubbish - just hype to get you in.

ADVICE- UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST USE THIS SERVICE TO GET GOODS ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE USA, DON'T TOUCH THEM - AND THEN IF YOU DO, MAKE SURE AN INVOICE (NO OTHER DOCUMENTATION WILL DO) ACCOMPANIES THE GOODS OR YOU MAY BE KISSING YOUR CASH GOODBYE.

I won't give up on this - I'm in Canberra and, if necessary, will drop into the Singapore Commission to discuss it !! WOW, what a stuff-up - I don't need the aggravation.

h0ughy
12-01-2008, 09:37 PM
can you get the company that you bought it from to send an invoice through?

Dennis
13-01-2008, 08:02 AM
So sorry to hear of your troubles Wayne. Thanks for posting the details of your experience as a warning to others, and good luck with sorting things out.

Cheers

Dennis

harwayharry
13-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the well wishes - there has been some progress, so a quick update is in order.

Houghy - already thought of that one, and am still awaiting a response (although I did ask for alternative shipping costs at the same time). Being nervous and impatient, I manufacxtured the invoice from the dispatch notice and have just received a notice that all is well. Not only that, but the price was adjusted (slightly, to US$106) AND by paying through PayPal I get an extra 10% discount now through end February, making it $96 - still dearer and slower than the alternatives mentioned.

All that might sound REASONABLE except that when I went throught the payment system and entered my promo code for the 10% vPost (not PayPal) was unable to process my payment - "please contact customer service". This continues to be painful, and my advice remains the same.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Piece of good news - I hooked up with the MacArthur Society (Campbelltown) this weekend for a DSN at their great Belanglo State Forest site and while last night was a viewing write-off (socially good), Friday night was a dazzler - first I've had in about 5 months given the weather patterns aroung these parts.

cheers all