PDA

View Full Version here: : What a S..t of a Night

leon
10-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Hi Guys,

Well I suppose you have all been there, but although i did capture M42, everything all went wrong.

Gemini told me it was upset, :shrug: PHD had an electrical storm, :shrug: and every thing went wild, the stars although were focused were like golf balls.

I can tell you I was pretty P...ed off, and it took two hours of a good clear night to get it right.

I FEEL BETTER NOW. :lol: see i told you guys :lol:

Leon :thumbsup:

vash
10-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Thats what you get for bragging that your sick of clear nights.

leon
10-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Yep, good one Vash, I earned that one... :lol: :lol:

Leon :thumbsup:

vash
10-01-2008, 03:04 PM
it makes us feel better

ballaratdragons
10-01-2008, 03:26 PM
and the sky was absolutely magic!!!!

Yep, I know the feeling well, Leon.

Glad it's all sorted now.

gbeal
10-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Kharma

Alchemy
10-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Sounds like one of those nights,

last night i tried ngc 4945 a nice little galaxy, lined it up took several test shots all good so far, turned on the guider (phd still calibrated from last run,) shoot 3 x 6 min frames only to find not tracking properly, tried recalibrating only to discover i left the hand controller in the port from lining it all up:doh:

ok so i put the guider cable in and do another run, guider drops out, another image not tracking properly, why???? apparently when the cable was out of the port the guider being unable to guide switched off the DEC guiding in the settings panel:screwy:

ok so i do another run after an hour since i set up the run the focus has gone.....:mad2: its too late in the morning and at 3.30 theres not enough time left to do a full run...... i gave up:rolleyes:

Going to realign the guidescope to the main scope tonight, i dont want any stuff ups next time round.

Still i enjoy my hobby ....next time.... cant wait.

h0ughy
11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
ok where is the image??? proof of life so to speak - LOL