PDA

View Full Version here: : Sydney Weather

Zuts
05-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Went to see my sister last friday, took a daughter so no room in the car for astro photo stuff.

Left Sydney, cloudy
Arrived Hay, Sunny
Arrived Mildura, 42 and sunny
Arrived Adelaide, 42, 41, 42 and sunny
Arrived Port Fairy, Sunny
Arrived Melbourne, 40, 37 and sunny

Left melbourne this morning at 10am, Sunny
Arrived Gundagai still sunny
200 km out of sydney 7 pm clouds are building looks dark in the east
arrived mudgee RAINING
arrived Sydney 10pm, cloudy looks like rain

Man i cannot believe this crap sydney weather

Paul

iceman
06-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Another new moon weekend ruined by the weather.. getting sick of it myself!

theodog
06-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Its overcast & raining here now:mad2::mad2:.

Can you people keep your rain to yourself.
Maybe I shouldn't have laughed at the poor buggers on the coast.:(
Anyway back to more planning.:whistle:

CoombellKid
06-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Good to see mother nature sharing it around a bit :thumbsup:

regards,CS

leon
06-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Gee you guys are sure getting a flogging, :shrug: I have to admit we have clear nights all the time, it gets to a point of having to many, Sorry :whistle: they, the nights are pretty hot though, think i need an ice box like Bert. :lol:

Leon :thumbsup:

§AB
06-01-2008, 10:49 AM
It wasclear here but was way too damn hot and mozzie infested over the last couple of nights to stargaze. The mosquito situation was a appalling. I was forced to wear long pants and a jumper but eventually I gave up after getting drenched in sweat and mosquitos still driving me mental.

Alchemy
06-01-2008, 11:30 AM
ah yes melbourne, clear skies thurs night, clear skies fri all night, clear skies til 3am last night, fantastic mmmm... mmmm finally a chance to rub it in.. oh yeah:whistle:
dont think it will last though

SAB cemical warfare is the way to go i use RID it keeps me away from most of them.

tsuken
06-01-2008, 11:03 PM
It's beautiful here ;) But I'm about to hit the sack. I did have a look around earlier without the telescope though, and it was an absolutely gorgeous sight :)

leon
06-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Yea guys and it's clear again tonight, ;) and is expected to be like this for at least 4 nights running, :whistle: Ah, good old bagged Ballarat. :lol: and a new Moon to top it off, gee i'm going to be tired :P

Zuts
07-01-2008, 03:55 AM
Yeah,

I went out around 10.30 pm, looked OK, bit of high cloud, spent about an hour polar aligning for a few photos and guess what?

The clouds rolled in..........

Paul

Glenhuon
07-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Was a bit tired last night so hit the sack about 10pm. Woke up at 3am and it was still clear so did a bit of visual and imaging till the sun came up. Took a few exposures of the Jewel Box in Crux, Orion Nebula and a fuzzy shot of Saturn. A few mozzies around but the good old RID keeps them at bay most of the time.
Should really go back to bed for a while, but better finish the lawn mowing while its cool.

leon
07-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Guys I really hate to spoil your day, but again clear, tonight, tomorrow clear, and so on, we are getting so tired staying up all night, please help, rain, clouds, snow, anything but blue skies. :whistle:

Although i make fun now, i do sincerely think of the damage the floods and storms have done, and do hope that everyone is safe. :)

iceman
07-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Looks pretty good so far here, tonight, though something building up to the west of us.

GrahamL
07-01-2008, 07:00 PM
well I think I almost finished my scope at the end of october
I've lucked a good look at holmes (10 ") and maybe one 3.00am stumble
before work once .. but the new one just cant see the light ;)..YET ;)

CoombellKid
07-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Looking good out here Graham, Just setup the scope and bino's on one
of the dryer knolls in the yard. So fingers crossed I might get a star test,
first light and observing session in :thumbsup:. All the clouds seem to be heading
to a rather larger storm cell that's been developing to the west and appears
to be heading north.

regards,CS

iceman
07-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Oh c'mon..looked like it was going to be a clear night, but that cloud/storm that formed over Orange has now drifted East and is clouding me out now..

Just after I finished drift aligning. Grr.

Karls48
07-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Same here after I set it up, the cloud drifted in from west. Now its wall to wall cloud.

Outbackmanyep
07-01-2008, 09:38 PM
BRING BACK THE DROUGHT! LOL

StarLane
07-01-2008, 09:52 PM
It's about time someone else copped some weather. We here in QLD have had cloudy skies since mid October, and recently have had cyclonic conditions for more than a week, wind has eased but still cloud, sick of it. Was planning to get out to Leyburn over the weekend but the sky didn't look promising. I hope it will get better soon. Just bought a new SV 80ED NHNG and have not used it yet.

Terry B
07-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Well I'm sitting outside having aligned my scope with minimal cloud (the wonders of my new wireless thingy:)allowing me to use the net outside). The camera is focussed and the guider was aimed at a nice star. It is now completely clouded over and I'm wondering whether I should wait of pack it in?

Solanum
07-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Far be it for me to discourage anyone to come visit Mildura, but if you were heading for south Adelaide or the Adelaide hills, you can cut south at Balranald, go through Tooleybuc and then on towards Adelaide along the Mallee highway, it's quicker and is a much much nicer road than the Sturt highway.

Sorry, back to the weather. Oh it's clear outside, think I'll go now! :)

leon
07-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Guys by all means send it all to Ballarat if you can, we are sick of not having any rain, clouds etc.

leon

StarLane
07-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Leon, I am sending it all your way, hope you'll be happy with that, may stick around for a couple of months......

Zuts
07-01-2008, 10:17 PM
If that cloud clears, dont bother! I just drove around having a look and the clouds are now rolling in from the south, they will probably be up the coast real soon.

It looked OK this afternoon.

I am thinking of hopping in the car and driving to Gundagai. I would prefer Hay but 700 clicks is a tad too far. I say thinking coz the bureau cannot seem to get it right with even a one day forecast let alone a two day one so if i do go its likely to be pot luck :)

Anyone know any good observing sites in Gundagai?

Paul