PDA

View Full Version here: : Saturn from Clayton

rumples riot
03-01-2008, 04:45 PM
This image was taken with my peltier cooled C14 at Clayton in South Australia. Saturn was 30 degrees at the time of the run. Seeing was reasonable at around 7.5/10

bird
03-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Nice image!

Glad to see you had some decent seeing.

cheers, Bird

Matty P
03-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Another fine image RR, keep up the good work. :thumbsup: :2thumbs:

Alchemy
03-01-2008, 08:07 PM
so nice rr, wish the seeing was good here its been a dog lately.

any exposure details?

rumples riot
03-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Alchemy image taken with C14 and 2x TV barlow with astronomiks filters and skynyx 2.0 monochrome camera. I ran the avi's for 80 seconds per channel at 8pfs. The blue channel was very dim and was the only channel not exposed properly. I cannot remember the gain details as it is different for each channel. I expose for the histogram only and don't look at what the gain number is. The histogram needs to be at 252 or around this figure. So gain numbers mean very little, especially if you don't have the same kit.

In terms of frames I think I could only stack 200 from red and green channels and about 150 from blue.

leon
03-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Wow, that is a fine image, I don't know much about the channels and stuff, but i reckon it looks pretty good to me.

Leon

saturnino
03-01-2008, 10:00 PM
A beautiful very a lot of Saturn, well balanced, good job.
I have rearranged only you the channels, making to go out more' particular, and underlining better still the diviosione of Cassini.
However the image and' good sight the low brightness' of the planet in this peiodo.
Compliments.

rumples riot
03-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Actually you have made the image less sharp by making the adjustments you have undertaken. Even Cassini's division is less sharp now.

saturnino
03-01-2008, 11:27 PM
You, has made the changes with registax, giving him a Filter Flat, to eliminate a po of residual noise, and lined up the channels, that you/they plough moved of little.
The image now appears more' soft, and more' precise.
And' positive what says her, doesn't succeed in understanding in that sense the indende.
Thanks.:hi:

rumples riot
03-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Actually, this is an RGB image not a toucam or DFK single colour shot. The image is comprised of 3 monochrome images in Red, Green and Blue. It is taken over a period of 330 seconds. It does not suffer from the same colour shift that can be done in Registax.

I am an experienced imager and have been doing this for quite some time in RGB. I would kindly asked you not to interfere with my images anymore and give advice about my processing, since you clearly don't understand the principles involved, it might be best not to make such statements in future as you appear foolish doing this. Saturn does not appear as a soft image to the eye in my scope. It is well collimated and the mirror is peltier cooled. In other words it is very sharp and I process the image to look as I see it.

saturnino
04-01-2008, 01:41 AM
OK.does as he/she wants.
I have revealed only an error of alliniamneto and noise.
This' it doesn't remove that I/you/he/she am a good AstroImaging.
In all the Forum I give', and I humbly receive always suggestions, also from less experienced people of me and them except gladly.
But he/she is known in the life we are not all equal ones.
Still excuse me.
Kindest regards.:(:(:(:(:(:(

rumples riot
04-01-2008, 02:02 AM
I understand you thought you were improving the image, but sometimes it is best to look around a little before making changes to a persons images. It is not always accepted and you need to consult first.

Thanks for the comments all the same. No insult taken.

ving
04-01-2008, 01:14 PM
great start to the saturn season paul :)

edwardsdj
04-01-2008, 01:36 PM
An amazing image Paul :)

The visual appearance is awesome at the moment (on the rare occasion when I have been able to see it) and this image captures it so well :)