PDA

View Full Version here: : Offline for a few days

iceman
02-01-2008, 05:08 AM
Heading to Canberra with the family for a short holiday, back on Friday evening.

Hope everyone had a great NYE, see you soon!

bird
02-01-2008, 05:32 AM
Mike, we're around until Sunday morning - feel free to drop in for a cuppa on your way past :-) It's not a lot different in distance compared to taking the fedral hwy.

cheers, Bird

wavelandscott
02-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Hope you get a chance to enjoy a few days off with your family!

Clear Skies!

Ric
02-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Have a nice break Mike, no doubt a well earned rest.

Cheers

iceman
04-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Back this evening, was a great few days. Had all 4 seasons in a short 3 days!

Met up with Anthony this arvo on our way home, lovely house and observatory, Anthony. I'm very jealous! Although that wind was horrendous today!

We all LOVED Questacon. What a GREAT place! Kate and I thoroughly enjoyed the War Memorial.. a very emotional place. I've been reading WWI books lately so it was great to see all the dioramas and displays, photos etc. Incredible place.

Man, what happened to the National Dinosaur Museum? That place has certainly had it's hey-day.. I'm sure 10 years ago it was great but it looks like it's stuck in a time-warp. Very very disappointing, especially for the price.

All in all a fun visit, definitely want to go back and see some more.

wavelandscott
05-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Agree completely on your comments from past family visits too.

Questacon and War Memorial both :thumbsup:

The National Dinosaur Musuem...not so much...

bird
05-01-2008, 11:30 AM
You certainly picked the wrong time to come down for astronomy! We had several nice clear nights beforehand, but the clouds and wind rolled in for the last few days and made it a good time to stay inside...

Good to catch up again, Leisa and I are off for a couple of weeks from tomorrow so I'll probably be reading teh forum but not posting until we get back.

cheers, Bird

Dujon
06-01-2008, 09:47 AM
The War Museum is a 'must visit' tick on my book when I visit Canberra - not that I've visited recently. Another, particularly for the children, is Cockington Green. What an enchanting place that is. Maybe I'm just a kid at heart?