PDA

View Full Version here: : Track Santa with Norad

wavelandscott
24-12-2007, 07:55 PM
For those not familiar with it, here is the website that NORAD (North American Air Defence) uses to track Santa Claus on his round the world journey.

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/home.htm

Historically they have "tracked" Santa through the night and issued updates through the day/night (US Time) to the delight of kids across the USA.

With family back in the US they are able to see when Santa visits us and vice versa...

It is a family favorite at our house and this year NORAD has teamed up with Google Earth...should be an exciting show.

Things get started around 8:00 PM Sydney time Christmas Eve and run through to Christmas Day (while Santa is enroute).

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Gargoyle_Steve
24-12-2007, 08:27 PM
This looks cool Scott, I can't wait to see it updating through the night!

ballaratdragons
24-12-2007, 08:33 PM
AGGHHH!!! I forgot all about the NORAD Santa tracking!!

I actually enjoy watching his travels around the globe. :)

Just call me a big kid :lol:

danielsun
24-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I showed my son this thread with the Santa tracking now he is in bed and keeps calling out for updates to see where he is and how much closer he's getting.:)

leon
24-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Thats cool, very enjoyable.

Leon

Geoff-
24-12-2007, 11:28 PM
sure, but you need to tell him that if he's sitting around watching and listening then santa won't stop at your house!!

it always amazed me how such a big fella could sneak presents into the sack on the end of my bed and I'd never wake up :lol:

anthony.tony
24-12-2007, 11:28 PM
A Merry christmas to all.reguard's tony

danielsun
24-12-2007, 11:51 PM
That's exactly what I told him ,I said you had better get to sleep or he will not come, then I spaced the updates further apart until I went up to his room and he was out cold.;)

danielsun
25-12-2007, 12:22 AM
Hey Ken, I hope you left him some biscuits and milk and got to bed early because you know he won't come until everyone is asleep.

ballaratdragons
25-12-2007, 02:32 AM
Bed early??? Hahahahaha, never heard of such nonsense :lol: