PDA

View Full Version here: : Anyone no how this happened

Phil
22-12-2007, 08:38 PM
I took this photo and when looking at then happened to see this photo which looks like it has been double exposure. I did not thick your could double exposures digital cameras. Anyone got any ideas.
Phil

CoombellKid
22-12-2007, 08:49 PM
All the same, it is a somewhat interesting shot, well done!!!

regards,CS

SkySearcher
22-12-2007, 09:14 PM
What was the shutter speed?

It looks like a long exposure photo that was nocked half way through.
Thats what it looks like to me anyway.:shrug:

Hagar
22-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Looks like it could be a reflection on the lens. I have had a couple of shots like this in the past.

Phil
22-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Denial I think you are right this was taken when trying to image comet P/Holmes so the exposure was about 2 sec.
Phil

sheeny
22-12-2007, 10:17 PM
My guess is you've bumped the shutter button when moving the camera. You say the shutter speed was about 2 sec... It looks like you've opened the shutter just as you're about the move the camera, hence the faint image of the front of the shed, then as your moved the camera to the right the light has come into the FOV from the right.

I'd say its one exposure but your subject matter has changed with 2 periods of relative stability at the start and end of the exposure.

Al.

Outbackmanyep
22-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Yeah i agree with Sheeny, i have actually done exposures where i have had a friend of mine staring up at the stars while keeping the shutter open, i used a flash to illuminate the foreground and friend and kept the shutter open long enough to get good star trails, the result looked like a ghost looking up at the stars!

RB
22-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Phil it's a single exposure and the EXIF info on this shot is:
Canon 30D
400 ISO
f/4.5
6 sec exp
30mm FL.

Had a closer look and I'd agree with Al and Daniel.
At first I thought you may have changed zoom ranges on the lens but Al is right, it looks like you've moved the camera.

jjjnettie
22-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Interesting technique.
Thanks for sharing it.

sheeny
23-12-2007, 06:22 AM
Yeah, a bit more practice and you'll be able to make that light look like a comet...:P:lol:

Al.