PDA

View Full Version here: : Side by side Telescope Mount

Hagar
19-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi all,
Just wanted to pass on my thoughts on my new side by side mount made by Luke at Star Stuff. The arrangement was custom made to meet my requirements and what a lovely piece of work it is. The attention to detail and the inovative approach shown by Luke is great. He keeps you well informed as to the progress of your order and I was a little suprised to get a call from him regarding some minor changes he thought might be required before delivery. The end product was way better than the US side by side mounts at similar or cheaper price.
Check him out on www.starstuff.com.au (http://www.starstuff.com.au)

Great work and thanks Luke

Doug

avandonk
19-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Can we see a picture of your setup? I am sure if side by side has any flexure problems they would be eliminated by the robust design of StarStuff's hardware.

Bert

Hagar
19-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Photo added from starstuff web page. This bar allows for both refractors and a DSLR to comfortably fit on the bar. I doubt there is much flexing in the main bar as it is about 1 inch thick.

IanL
19-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Good stuff Doug

I am looking at mounting TV85 refractor and Tak Mewlon 180 this way. What scopes are you going to mount on it.

Thanks for the info

Cheers
Ian

mlcolbert
19-12-2007, 10:23 PM
got to agree, I'm having to wait until after the holidays for Luke to finish his backlog so then I can put my order in for a couple of adapters.

michael

Hagar
20-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi Ian,
In the near future it should have a Tak 102 and an ED80 and a EOS350D mounted on it and I doubt it will have any flex with these fitted. It is really a solid piece of work.