PDA

View Full Version here: : Fitting a Celestron Nexstar 130 SLT on a Losmandy G11

multiweb
15-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Trying to mount this scope on a G-11. I'm new at this and not sure which way to go or where to start. I have the Losmandy Universal Dovetail 14". The scope comes with a pvc dovetail that fitted in its original AZ Celestron Goto mount.

How do I go about it?

1_ Is there such thing as an adapter that would clamp the existing pvc male dovetail on the scope that I can actually bolt on the G-11 universal plate?

2_ Is it better to get mounting rings from Celestron or anybody who supplies them (tube diameter is approx 160mm)

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

netwolf
15-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Marc,

You will need tube rings that will fit onto the dovetail you have.
Just be sure to get rings that will match the hole sizes in your universal dovetail. Else you may need to get a adapter made. I would advise getting a clamp style ring if possible as they are easier to work with. You might be able to adapt your current slt rings to the losmandy plate.

I have attached a pic of my setup. The bottom plate is the same as the one you have. Note the alluminum block adapts the holes in my vixen clamp rings to the Losmandy holes.

Regards
Fahim

multiweb
16-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks for that Fahim. I found a website with some tube rings here: http://www.myastroshop.com.au/products/details.asp?id=MAS-034b
I think it shouldn't be much of a trouble to bolt them on the losmandy dovetail.