PDA

View Full Version here: : I,m Getting Aperture Fever

leon
13-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi Guys,

Although I have always told myself that the equipment i have now is what I'm going to stick with, I find myself thinking of up grading.. :rolleyes:

Of coarse i would have to sell the lot I have now to fund this project, and be without for some time to make it all happen. ;)

What would have to go would be the Takahashi FSQ-106, Canon 300mm, WO 80mm FD, plus some other stuff, EP's, etc. and maybe a camera or two :shrug:

Anyway, I would still be looking at an imaging scope to sit on top the G11, (that is one thing I will always keep)

My thoughts are for the Takahashi TOA-150F. F/5.33 Ortho-Apochromat, Triplet OTA. :eyepop:

To those that may have this scope, or similar what would be your thoughts, on this, please feel free to call me an idiot, and a dreamer, but i would love to hear some feed back on this brain wave of mine, from anyone :screwy:, yea i probably need a good slapping :screwy:

Cheers Leon :thumbsup:

leon
13-12-2007, 08:32 PM
OK Guys,

It must have been all those clear nights we have had, and the 3am mornings that has sent me into a delirious state. :whistle:

My brain has just come back on track, and I have just re read what I have written above. :screwy: don't bother answering guys, i have had a change of heart and have come to my senses. :lol: :lol:

Leon :thumbsup:

GrahamL
13-12-2007, 08:54 PM
But maybe your first choice was the right one ?..I think you really need to follow this through just to be sure .:thumbsup::rofl:

leon
13-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Ok Graham, what are you after. :whistle: :lol:

alan meehan
13-12-2007, 09:24 PM
slap,slap,slap....:thumbsup:

leon
13-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks Alan, gee i needed that to wake me up. :lol:

dugnsuz
15-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Around these parts leon, aperture fever means going from a 12" GSO Dob to a 16" Lightbridge.:whistle:
Aperture fever in the context of Takahashis is just too horrendous (financially) to consider!!!!:sadeyes:
But I say "Go fer it!!" Just so i can stick a little blue plaque up outside my house saying - "Leon geljon, Owner of a TOA 150 Slept here":lol:
Follow you heart leon:P
Doug:thumbsup:

ballaratdragons
15-12-2007, 12:45 AM
'Takahashi TOA-150F. F/5.33 Ortho-Apochromat Triplet!!!!!!

Geez, the cost would just about secure you a few prime 'dark sky' acres out here!!!

leon
15-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Doug and Ken, I am awake now, :P it was all a dream, :whistle: but a bloody good one.:D :D

Douggy, you can still stick up that plaque if you like. :)

Starkler
16-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Why not aperture fever in the form of a newtonian, such as used by ezystyles and photoncollector? Its much cheaper to get serious aperture than with Takahashi glass ;)