PDA

View Full Version here: : Focus Wars - The Battle Continues - Armament

h0ughy
07-12-2007, 08:09 AM
I just bought something to help me focus - a FotoSharp Telescope Focusing Adapter http://www.kwtelescope.com/FotoSharp_page.htm
I hope that this will help in the battle for focus.......:whistle:

iceman
07-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Wow, that's pretty cool. Be interested to see how it goes.

[1ponders]
07-12-2007, 08:42 AM
We expext a full and complete report with accomanying images within the week thank you Mr H0ughy. :D

joshman
07-12-2007, 08:52 AM
hey, now that a nice toy!!!! somehting i think alot of us here could get much use out of!!! i know i'd use that badboy to death!

naturally, we expect a detailed report once you've got this!

h0ughy
07-12-2007, 10:53 AM
"Our next batch will be due in about two weeks time. They are receiving very positive reviews. I will be posting images from customers on the web site in the next day or two.

The adapters work with any EOS camera. We do not make adapters for any other brands.

Thank you,

Brady Johnson"

as you can see I haven't got it yet, this is my christmas present - oh and a USB DMK I have ordered - probably get both at same time!!

Dennis
07-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the link Dave. Our Pentax *ist DS already does this, native, when fitted to the ‘scope, so I was a little disappointed that the Cano 40D didn’t do the same. However, Live View goes a long way in compensating for this, in certain situations and under certain conditions.

Cheers

Dennis

h0ughy
07-12-2007, 11:46 AM
http://www.skyinsight.com/astrophoto/current.php?r=eae32821dd2bcff5b4461 ee19782baeb&s=s go here and download the review in the magazine:thumbsup: directly compares this to the live focus of the 40D:whistle:

Dennis
07-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi Dave

Yeah – I had already read that and noticed the comment about Canon sensors with a 300mm F5.6 MIRROR telephoto lens.

It is interesting to also note that Canon, for the EF 2x II Converter, state that:

“…the EF 2x II still allows autofocus with any EOS body when used with a lens f/2.8 or faster”.

That is why I decided not to buy one of these for the Canon, as it appears that there may be a design limitation in the Canon that prevents the auto focus being activated with slow F ratio optical systems?

Cheers

Dennis

lineout
07-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Here's a users review:

http://www.zerobyzero.ca/Starstruck/?page_id=264

EzyStyles
07-12-2007, 07:59 PM
if that baby works 100% with spot on focus, i'll be definitely getting one. Will save me more than an hour just to get focus right. thanks for the link houghy, let us know how it goes.

p.s: actually wouldn't that device means that you will need more infocus? also, it might mean that you wouldn't be able to use the baader coma corrector as it needs to be 55mm from the chip?

h0ughy
09-02-2008, 11:24 PM
I am having real mixed reactions with this - for a start i cannot get the bloody thing to work - even when they sent me a second one. I am trying to test this dodging the clouds, but I am really unimpressed. I am on the verge of sending the whole lot back. Simply put if you can get one that works then well done. I will get some more advanced gentlefolk who have a permanent setup to test these as i can not give a real verdict here. Bugger this incessant weather.

Zuts
10-02-2008, 12:42 AM
That is such a shame, i was really looking forward to seeing how you went with this,

Man if it works i will get one as well; and believe me I hope it works. I have tried a stilletto focuser and they are great, on a C11 but on a small refractor not so great.

There is a review of this 'Review of FotoSharp Telescope Focusing
Adapter for Canon' on Astro Photo Insight, Vol 3, Issue 6 by Michael Covington and he says it is great (and he should know his stuff?), so what gives?

Paul