PDA

View Full Version here: : The Twin Borg's ready for clear skies.

netwolf
01-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi All,

Well recently I acquired two Borg's 76ED and 100ED, but I did not have the interconnections to mount them on my G-11. The rings I received were made for Vixen dovetails. I had the Losmandy DM8 for the LX90 for piggybacking a guidescope. This could be modified but I also needed a Losmandy DUP, from T&A in Adelaide (overnight delivery excellent fast service). Bintel gave a very good price but did not have stock. but again very fast at responding to my inquiry and willing to match price based on current currency rates. Still i needed to get a n adapter made to connect the metric M8 holes to the 1/4'-20 holes in the Losmandy plate. And some way to connect the M4 holes on top of the Rings to the DM8 plate.

Fortunately for me i live in close proximity to a very nice fellow member Barry Gerdes. Barry invited me over and got me fixed up today in a few hours. I very much appreciate his help and hospitality. Thanks Barry.

I have attached pics of the setup. Barry made an adapter to connect the rings to the DUP. And then made some adapters (risers) to connect the DM8 to the top of the rings. See pics.

Now I am all set for the weather to Clear, to load these two on the G-11. Finally the G-11 will get some use.

Regards
Fahim

Phil
01-12-2007, 09:17 PM
looks good Fahim get sum nice shots with that setup.
Phil

avandonk
01-12-2007, 09:28 PM
It all looks very solid Fahim. The optics should be very good as well. Looking forward to your imaging results.
What camera will you be using?

Bert

rogerg
02-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Very nice configuration! :thumbsup:

netwolf
02-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks all for your kind comments. I found them on Amart, from a chap in Canberra. He was selling all his 4" scopes to buy a TOA130 (drool). I was only going to buy the 76ED. And then I saw this site
http://www.eanet.com/kodama/astro/equipmnt/index.htm
That was when i decided to get both.

Regards
Fahim

jase
02-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Good purchase Fahim. A great image is only as good as the weakest link. You've got a capable mount and now optics. Make sure its not the camera that lets you down. Look forward to seeing some of your imaging output.