PDA

View Full Version here: : TV Guider - what am I doing wrong

h0ughy
13-11-2007, 05:05 PM
OK to all those few who have this little beastie, what are your settings and do you have to be properly polar aligned to use it? i tried it for the first time sunday morning and 2 hours later worked out the focus but couldnt get it to guide?

[1ponders]
13-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I just use the default settings Dave but when it comes to the guiding settings I use RA/DEC not RA+DEC. My mount doesn't like it when it gets directions to move in both RA and Dec at the same time.

My scenario would be slightly different to yours. I'm guiding through my handpaddle port rather than through the Star-Mate. I haven't quite got that worked out yet. :shrug: According to Martin I may have a couple of wires around the wrong way in the serial plug.

How are you setting yours up as far as connections are concerned?

gbeal
13-11-2007, 05:31 PM
I believe most Losmandy mounts (and I guess you don't have a Losmandy Hough, but the EQ6 may be similar) won't accept correctoins on both axes at the same time.

[1ponders]
13-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Nope the Losmandys definately don't like it.

h0ughy
13-11-2007, 06:11 PM
no tried both, not sure. yes it was on the eq6. the losmandy was too big to lug out in one piece.
I mucked around with setting and such need to reset as default again.

[1ponders]
13-11-2007, 06:21 PM
I'll need to get an EQ6 to work it out Dave. What port in the Guider are you using to connect to the mount, Mount or Com?

gbeal
13-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Is the gear all talking to each other? That is can you make the mount move at all with the likes of the "Nudge" setting, or "Move" setting?

[1ponders]
13-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Have you tried it through your shoestring adapter ;)

allan gould
14-11-2007, 01:39 PM
David
When you set up and place the star on the xhairs it will start autoguiding straight away. You must set up your camera so that RA is parallel to the x axis and y to the Dec. If the star goes the wrong way then depending on what axis is moving in the wrong direction set it to go in the opposite direction. Works first time out of the box but set it at RA/DEC. Doesnt need to be brilliantly polar aligned either.
Regards, Allan