PDA

View Full Version here: : This could be very handy

nightsky
31-10-2007, 08:46 PM
G'Day,
I saw this on "Dealsdirect" it could come in very handy while observing in a dark site.
http://www.dealsdirect.com.au:80/p/lenoxx-power-inverter-car-ac-usb-power-source/? m_source=dealsnewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=product&utm_campaign=DealsNewsletter2007103 1
Cheers
Arthur

ballaratdragons
31-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Hmmmm, dunno if it would 'run' a laptop. It says it is good for recharging a laptop though.

Good find Arthur :thumbsup:

citivolus
31-10-2007, 11:14 PM
DSE has a 72 watt dc/dc converter for $98 that will power/charge most laptops from a lighter socket. I saw it there today when I was wandering the isles. It would be a fair bit more efficient than an inverter.

Gargoyle_Steve
02-11-2007, 06:01 AM
Inverters can have their place, but keep in mind that even when you have nothing else plugged in it will still be dragging power and (inefficiently) converting it to 240v.

I've seen more than a few people leave one plugged into the car while camped overnight, etc, and then find the battery too flat to crank the engine over. Unplug it when not in use (or turn it off if it has a switch, as the pics of this one suggest) and most of the time you should be ok.