PDA

View Full Version here: : Stellarvue finder

Lee
22-10-2007, 08:59 PM
My 9x50 finder arrived! No finder bracket yet though :(
It is seriously a beautiful thing, more like a mini-scope than a finder!
Use your 1.25" EP's in it, or the supplied (which can be illuminated easily) reticule EP.
Well made, well presented and good value too....
Delivered next working day by SDM Telescopes too......
:thumbsup:

[1ponders]
22-10-2007, 09:09 PM
It is a beautiful thing Lee, I'm wrapped in mine. It is such a clear view through it. But just a word of caution for those considering getting one.

Make sure you get the reticle that will take an illuminator. When I bought mine the reticle didn't have a hole to thread an illuminator in so I had to buy a second reticle eventually. Why not use an ordinary illuminated reticle (ie 12.5mm) you say? It won't come to focus. :( It will if you attach the lower element of a barlow to it but then it is no longer a 9x50 finder.

Other than that, as Lee says it is a beautiful finder, plus it is erect image :D

h0ughy
22-10-2007, 09:09 PM
well where is the picture with the proud owner grinning Lee?

[1ponders]
22-10-2007, 09:10 PM
What are you mounting it on Lee? I have a number of finder brackets here that might suit. In fact I have the Stellar Vue on in my hot little hand now. It doesn't fit onto a WO 10:1 focuser ;)

Lee
22-10-2007, 09:18 PM
It's currently mounted on my coffee table..... no brackets :( .... the guys at Andrews are sourcing a WO bracket for me, hopefully will have it soon. May try it in my Dob finder bracket. Haven't put the WO on the ED80 yet, hardly any point with no finder!

[1ponders]
22-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Ah well bracket won't do then as it has the standard Synta footprint. What did you do with your old crayford focuser of the ED80?

Lee
22-10-2007, 10:08 PM
It's still on the ED80.... haven't switched them yet - waiting until I can attach the focuser with finder attached :(