PDA

View Full Version here: : M31 core

Shawn
21-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Still do not have a FR for the 14 , so this is what I get...

Up close and personal....

:D

xelasnave
21-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Shawn that is great... and I thought the 14 inch would only be a guide scope... you have little to worry about with that tracking.
Good on you mate all your hard work really is showing thru ...excellent.
alex

mill
21-10-2007, 06:50 PM
That is way too close and personal for my liking :)
Very good pic tho.

xelasnave
21-10-2007, 07:16 PM
The focal lenght of the 14 inch is about half way to that object.. what is it Shawn 3500mm ??? you gotta try a 5x barlow and the DSI... that will test your guiding:lol::lol::lol:.

What FR do you have in mind Shawn?

alex

Shawn
21-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks Mill , thanks Alex..

I had a Meade 6.3, but the vignetting was too much with the setup, Im exploring other options at the moment, Im open to suggestions from anybody really, One of the blokes on the other forum have "Ithink its called Faststar" whereby the secondary is removed and the camera sits right in the middle of the corrector plate turns em into an F4.5 or something like that.. but the setup is not a swap and change easily one...

Ill have a hunt over the net and see what else is available in the way of a FR..
Now shes guiding well at 3.6 meters, anything less would be no problem at all.
There is a lot to learn...:)

xelasnave
21-10-2007, 09:05 PM
The Fasstar set up requires the camera to be mounted in effect where the secondary is I think Shawn so you may have to put the 350 in the lath and turn it down... no! well you will need a astronomy type camera..round ... still maybe you could fit the 350 and place a disk around it..as big as that would be withthe 14 you would not lose that much light relatively... a 6 inch circle would be ..off the top of my head about 30 sq inch intrution on an area of approx..off the top of my head... away from 150 sq inch... so its not that much ... I had not thought of that approach until now... but even with a 6 inch circle out of it you would have heaps of light and a magic f/l I woulf imagine...interesting.

Persoanlly if I were you I would be running with what you have and enjoy a break from the development of your set up ...you have been working so hard .. capture what fits and enjoy that...

alex

leon
21-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Shawn, boy that is close, great image, i'm not even lucky enough to be in a position to image it at all, you know, sheds and trees and stuff.

Leon

seeker372011
21-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Shawn, Gerry Aarts has the Fastar for his C11..however I am not sure if this is available for the C14

You can reach Gerry through the WSAAG homepage, he is el presidento

http://www.wsaag.org/

Narayan

ballaratdragons
21-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Great image Shawn!!!

Lots of folks image M31, but not a close up of the core.

I can see M31 from out in the paddock, but from my Obs, the obs roof is in the way :lol:

Alchemy
21-10-2007, 10:54 PM
imagine if you took a heap of shots and made a mosaic from it .... The king of detail....
At that FL what you have has lots of detail... good imaging

Ric
22-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Nice one Shawn, I like this image. It's like looking into the eye of a storm with some very nice detail as well.

I like Alchemy's idea of a mosaic, what an awesome image that would be.

Cheers

Shawn
22-10-2007, 05:36 AM
Thankyou for your comments and advice gentlemen, rather sounds like I had better get cracking on a mosaic, to get the two satelites in the image will require a 5 by 5, just m31 a 4 x 3 or best guess, that a lot of images,:doh: but its the right time of year so what the hell, :lol:

Again thankyou..

S

Zuts
22-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Hi Shawn,

I am no expert but I have heard that a lumicon giant easy guider will give F6.3 and F5 on C11's C14's with no vignetting. It is a huge thing with an 80 mm lens. I got one second hand, but havnt used it yet as currently i am learning imaging through my Meade ED80.

Paul

sheeny
22-10-2007, 08:37 AM
That's great Shawn! The mosaic sounds like a worthy project!

Al.

[1ponders]
22-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Fwoor!!!!! :eyepop:

How about some capture details Shawn? Number of exposure, exposure length, processing, autoguiding etc etc.

Details man, we want details!!!!

RB
22-10-2007, 10:18 AM
I agree, what a lovely shot of the core, beautiful work Shawn !!

Like Paul said we need details, Details ! :lol:

Well done mate.

:thumbsup:

Shawn
22-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the complements and Zuts for the info, Ill look into that...

The details were 3 x 200 with the 350 on the 14, guided with the 100 although I dont think the guide actually did any corrections. one dark subtracted, and a quick LR deconvolve.

Using IPfor imaging and calibration and Envisage to guide..

Thanks Again for the input, there is no doubt that if it was not for forums like this one I would still be floundering in the dark quite literally with my imaging.

Thankyou all

Shawn

Garyh
23-10-2007, 08:01 AM
I agree with the comments...its a fine closeup of the core Shawn
You have done well at such a long focal length and a object that is always low in the sky for us!! :thumbsup: