PDA

View Full Version here: : Forgotten equipment

citivolus
18-09-2007, 12:12 PM
What is the best thing you've got that you didn't know you had?

I just found a Televue 4x Powermate in my closet that I had put in there to hide from my wife over a year ago. I went searching for it when, just for kicks, I looked at my order history with an online dealer and they claimed that they had shipped one to me last June. Well, whadaya know! I feel like a squirrel! :lol:

I wonder what else I have in there?!?

Eric

h0ughy
18-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Yes I have found stuff like that over the years, LOL the best one was a second pair of 7x50 binos - bought brand new - 15 years ago. Found them when cleaning out my stuff from my parents garage many years ago - gave then away. Actually bought them for my late Dads birthday, but he came home with a pair , so I never gave him the ones I bought.

OneOfOne
18-09-2007, 04:24 PM
I feel a bit stoked when I put my hands in a pair of pants and find a $10 note! And these days, it doesn't matter if they get washed! Of course, the worse thing is to put you hand in the pocket and realise there was a tissue in there you had forgotten about...now they DON'T like getting washed :)

jjjnettie
18-09-2007, 10:21 PM
It normally works in reverse for me.
Going out and buying a cable or something, then finding out that you already had one at home in the cupboard, and you've already opened the packet of the new one so it's too late to return it.

Ric
18-09-2007, 10:40 PM
No such luck for me, I have all my astro goodys all in the same container.

However I did find a fossil shark tooth that I had purchased many years ago then put in a safe place and forgot about it. It's as long as my index finger so I would hate to meet the rest of it.

Cheers