PDA

View Full Version here: : Illuminator for Finder X-Hairs

stringscope
23-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Spent a happy hour in the workshop tonight putting together a x-hair illuminator for my GSO finder. Just finished a quick check outside and it seems to work OK ........... phew what a relief :P . Only tricky part was drilling a 4mm hole in the side of the eyepiece :eyepop: .

All the parts a standard parts from Jaycar. Power supply is velcro'd onto the finder bracket. I still have to tidy up the eyepiece end and fit some sort of connector.

Cheers,

Shaun
23-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Just what i need, can you please list the parts used.

Shaun

stringscope
23-07-2007, 08:50 PM
No worries Shaun. Give me a day or so and I will pull out the Jaycar catalogue so I can list the part No's. I still have to decide on some type of plug/socket to allow for disconnection at the eyepiece.

I will also provide specific eyepiece hole location details.

Cheers,

ballaratdragons
23-07-2007, 09:16 PM
:eyepop: You drilled the eyepiece section!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just illuminated the dew-shield extension.

iceman
24-07-2007, 07:03 AM
Excellent work, Ian. Would make a nice how-to article :whistle: :lol:

erick
24-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Ian, if you could give the location relative to the internal components of the eyepiece, that would be great. I might be able to translate that to the straight through finder eyepiece. I've been thinking for a while that it would be much better to illuminate the crosshairs directly. Thanks, great job - very neat and compact compared to my big box hanging off the finderscope bracket. Eric :)

CoombellKid
26-07-2007, 05:53 PM
I'd be keen on seeing the plans myself too.

thanks for doing the foot work

regards,CS