PDA

View Full Version here: : Any Ideas on this

Shawn
22-06-2007, 05:14 PM
How to replace the blue Item in this image with something you can easily use in the dark...?

:D

Shawn
22-06-2007, 05:15 PM
The light blue item, Dont start....:lol:

sheeny
22-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Paint it black, Shawn...

:P:D

Al.

Shawn
22-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Good one Sheeny. I said, use in the dark,,, Mayde just a bigger clothes peg painted white...

Somebody has to have trick for holding these suckers on for a while thats easy to use..

I appreciate your sence of humour though...

;)

acropolite
22-06-2007, 07:47 PM
It's called a switch Shawn...:P You could either pull apart and modify the pointer or make a slip over tube (e.g small piece of plastic pipe) with a hole that you can rotate to push the button in permanently (some imagination required).

ballaratdragons
22-06-2007, 08:22 PM
I just use a peg too Shawn. Works great.

But if you want to see it in the dark (I use a red head-torch) you could buy some Luminous 'Glow in the Dark' paint and paint the peg.

Bassnut
22-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Scuse my ignorance, what the hell is that little thing with its own rings, a laser?.

ballaratdragons
22-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Yep Fred, green laser pointer :thumbsup:

Shawn
23-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Thanks guys, given me something to go on , And Fred, in this instance it used for making the aquisition of guide stars a little easier..more often than not they are used for demonstration purposes..

S;)

Shawn
23-06-2007, 02:54 AM
I like this one best, "a switch" has anybody succesfully done this, ?

S

avandonk
23-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Make a ring that is just a bit bigger than the lasers tube. Then just slide it past the button and when you want the laser on push it over the button.
I made mine from a strip of brass and rolled it around a tube and then adjusted till it activated the button switch.

Bert

erick
23-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Shawn

Clark Rubber - rummage through their rubber O-rings with laser in hand. Find one that will roll over the laser - a tight fit. Experiment to see if it will hold the switch on when you roll it over the button. Then just roll away a mm or two when you want the laser off.

Eric

Doug
23-06-2007, 11:58 AM
I think the peg is half way there. Just file away the ends of the peg so that when the peg is rotated, the button will not be pressed in. Rotate the peg to press the button in. What could be simpler?

astro_nutt
23-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Just a thought...would it be possible to have the laser's own switch kept "on"...and a remote power supply..say a battery pack with a switch...then attatch the wires from this to a set of dummy batteries that'll fit into where the laser's batteries go?..then you'll be able to remotely turn it on or off...or would a fluro coloured peg be better?

leon
23-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I like Erick's idea, good one

Leon

tnbk00
24-06-2007, 06:36 PM
I pondered on this same issue for ages. As a temp fix i have a cable tie that works as a....uh hem....switch.
As a more permanent solution i was planning on building something that would encompass the pointer with some kind of mechanical switch etc.

In the end i found that someone has made one, and i got one second hand on ebay. Im hoping that it will give me some idea as to where it came from.
See this link for the one I got:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270129764339&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

If anyone knows who makes these, or where they can be purchased online....pls post.

Daniel

Shawn
26-06-2007, 05:11 AM
I cheated in the end fellas, I built a little curcuit that plugs into the Aux 12v out and reticle on the fork arm, 12V is regulated down to 3 and the signal from the reticle port is used to switch that, witch then goes to a dummy battery pack in the laser which is jammed permenantly on... So to turn on the laser I just hit "RET" on the handcontroller. Works just fine, and I dont have to upset its calibration to change batteries, Ever...

S