PDA

View Full Version here: : Its a Start - Another Lagoon nebula

Ramius
03-09-2023, 09:54 PM
Hi
Six weeks into this astrophotography thing and I feel like i have been drinking at the firehose. There is SO much to learn - being retired helps but even so I have managed all of 3 images so far.
The centre is blown and colours could be better (processing is an extra challenge when you are half colour blind) but I am generally pretty happy with this one.

Cheers all
Bill

H/W: AZ-EQ5, Zenithstar 73 III, Svbony Dual Narrowband filter & ASI533MC Pro
S/W: Capture - Nina, PHD2, GSS. Processing - Siril, Gimp, Astrosharp. All free - amazing!

oska
03-09-2023, 10:37 PM
Nice one Bill. You got the outer very well, the inner will always be a challenge. Perhaps not so black on the background, surprisingly a touch of 'not quite black' gives it depth. Fantastic result for your 3rd, fantastic!

Ramius
03-09-2023, 11:09 PM
Thanks John
Yes, i have seen a couple of comments regarding "not so black" in the last few days. I will give that a go.
Bill

xelasnave
04-09-2023, 06:12 AM
Hi Bill...you are going great...three images in six weeks is wonderful and as time goes by I suspect you may look back and wonder how you managed such a high output.

I am colour blind so I think I know what you are in for...never forget your images are for your satisfaction and enjoyment and if the colour looks good to you go with that... recently I have been trying to produce images where the colour is "normal" and have found there are ways to still produce even though you are not flash in the colour department.

I really think your image here is something to be proud of and it suggests you have a great future in the game.

You have a sensible rig and I caution you against wanting bigger etc as you will find you really have one off the best set ups.

alex

Ramius
04-09-2023, 07:50 AM
Alex
Thanks for the kind words. My colour vision isnt terrible. While I can't read those Ishihara dot cards to save my life it isnt really that noticeable day to day. This is a bit different though - the colour changes can be subtle and i am sure i am missing some of it.

You are on to me - I have been thinking of another scope. I suspect my main interest will always be nebula but i would like to be able to do galaxies, smaller nebula details - maybe even planets. I am not in a hurry though. I am reading up to work out which way to go for more focal length and then if something comes up in the classifieds I will be ready to go.

Bill

JimmyAstro
13-09-2023, 03:20 PM
Hi Bill

Sorry I am just a beginner, but I like your image. I don't really have any skills to provide advice.

I find these images very inspirational and I look forward to being able to put some of my images up here when I et started.

Well done

JA

generalzod
14-09-2023, 01:51 PM
Great photo