PDA

View Full Version here: : The Astronomers Wife

strongmanmike
13-06-2023, 05:35 PM
I don't post in this section very often and as you can see by this offering (https://pbase.com/strongmanmike2002/image/173721217/original), my quality is err?..ok, not quite World standard (bit soft, haven't used the 13 year old Nikon for a while and didn't pay enough close attention to nailing the infinity focus.? :rolleyes: ) :P...but I felt it captured the moment nicely, that is, the rare occurrence of my wife actually venturing the 50m up to my observatory, to witness what is the spectacle of the Milky Way rising at 1450 above sea level under a Bortle 1/2 sky!... let alone then staying a while to actually partake, at her request!.. in some astrophotograpy and fun nightscape shooting :eyepop: SHOCK HORROR! :eyepop: ...I'll take that! :D

We had a ball regardless of the image quality...it's the small things, as they say :love: :thumbsup:

Mike

Crater101
13-06-2023, 07:53 PM
At first sight, it looked like she was chasing after you with a lightsaber!

When I set up to observe, my wife has the approach of "Oh, I s'pose I'll come out for a look." And that's about it. At least yours made the trip - and stayed! :thumbsup:

Ryderscope
14-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Excellent composition Mike that captures the feeling of the night perfectly :stargaze:

Derek Klepp
14-06-2023, 11:37 AM
Cheers Mike.Guessing you’ll get some snow shortly.

Retrograde
14-06-2023, 12:35 PM
A nice photo to remember the evening by & any pic with both an observatory and the night sky gives off good vibes IMO. :thumbsup:

strongmanmike
14-06-2023, 01:53 PM
That's the thing, normally it's just stay inside...this was some sort of epiphany! :lol:

Thanks Rod, yeah I thought the same :)

It will come, for sure but this weekend is looking ok again..? In nomine Patris et fillii et Spiritus Sancti :prey: :prey2:

Any picture with my observatory and my wife in it is worth gold! :eyepop: :lol:

Mike

gregbradley
16-06-2023, 09:16 AM
Nice one Mike. Nightscapes are a ton of fun.

Greg.

strongmanmike
16-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Indeed, the conditions were superb but I didn't even bother using the imaging scopes, just enjoyed the simple things...then Netflix and a red, in front of the fire :P :lol:

Mike