PDA

View Full Version here: : The Corona Australis Molecular Cloud Complex

Harpage
06-09-2021, 03:10 PM
Hi all,

This is probably my best image so far honestly, and is my longest project too. This image has 9.8 hours of integration time taken from my B5 backyard, and wasn't easy to process at all! :P The large amount of stars made it difficult to bring out the faint dust, and reducing noise without destroying the dark nebulae also took some time too (not to mention the gradients from the city).

Taken with an ASI533, William Optics GT71 w/ 0.8 Reducer, and a HEQ5. I was fairly surprised with the amount of dust I captured. I guess decent skies and a sensitive camera will do that to you.

multiweb
06-09-2021, 03:21 PM
That's a beauty indeed. One for the poolroom. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harpage
06-09-2021, 03:29 PM
Thanks Marc!

kosborn
06-09-2021, 10:28 PM
That's a great image. You've really resolved the dust well. Which part of Canberra did you capture it from? Some suburbs are dark and some not so, but even the dark suburbs have problems with the glow of the city. I'm on the west side of Canberra so everything past the meridian is much better!

gregbradley
07-09-2021, 06:34 AM
You captured it very well.

Greg.

Harpage
07-09-2021, 09:42 AM
Thanks! I live on the northside and this target was at zenith for the whole of my imaging sessions, so the glow from the CBD was certainly mitigated to some degree. :)

Thanks!