PDA

View Full Version here: : Warm room nearly finished....

Shawn
15-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Looks a bit like a NASA mission control centre,,,or something like that, but the rain gets the warm room near ready to go,,,Tis is the view up to the Dome room, badly stitched 3 Images at as wide as my 18-55 will go...You can see the LCD on the pier, with the rotatable keyboard mouse table, The station is mirrord downstairs, as you can just see, Just need to fit insulation and line the rest of the Dome room....Nearly done.....Everythin so far is doing what its supposed to..

Thanks for looking...

S

acropolite
15-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Except of course the weather, hopefully everything will be ready for the dry.

Shawn
15-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Very good Phil, and your 100% right, except for the damn weather, but, its getting colder.....:cool:

Taking this time to get everything running ok...
Cheers

S

rogerg
15-04-2007, 03:53 PM
That looks excellent!

I have been wanting to insulate and enclose the fixed roof half of my observatory for some time now. I've never been game enough to try doing it myself or spared the cash for a pro job. Sure is tempting though to give it a shot. I keep debating it's worthwhileness because I can now use the observatory from the couch of the living room with the wireless laptop.... always a debate though.

I love the mission control style slanted windows, that's great. Is there a actual purpose for the slant other than look? :)

I have to admit I'm having trouble getting a sense of scale and overall layout of the room & obs from these pics... is there a thread with others?

LCD near the pier is something I've wanted too. I have settled for an old CRT on a wall near the pier. I would highly recomend a 17" touch screen though - do away with the mouse. You can get them for around $1200 last I looked. That's what I was hoping to mount near the scope.

I'd love to see more pics :thumbsup:

Shawn
15-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks Roger,,,

Shes a big sucker, I really bit of more than I wanted to chew about a year ago..I did post a lot of stuff here over that time but Its kind of spread out all over the place, a condensed version of sorts is here and abouts...
http://ravenshoe.net/bbs/YaBB.pl?num=1163921664/0
And a Geo build html is here...

http://www.ravenshoe.net/site/articles/GeoDome/geoconstruct.htm

Hope that satisfies your request for images, there are quite a few....

Cheers Shawn..

Shawn
15-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh and the slanted glass, . It gives me a little shelf downstairs on the floor ob the obs, Its a waste of space in the obs because you cant walk on it....;)

S

rogerg
15-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeap, thanks. Now it makes sense ... I remember seeing some of your posts now, the building of the dome its self for example, just hadn't pieced them all together :)

Nice setup, lots of work by the looks, must be great to see the bits and pieces coming together so well. :)

Shawn
15-04-2007, 04:20 PM
It is Roger, Its nice. All those moments when you doubt yourself pale in significance on First light...:)

Shawn
15-04-2007, 04:25 PM
I went wireless RF on the kb and mouse, those touch screens are hopeless at acurate cursor positioning...Or at least with my ham hocks....

:)

rogerg
15-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Ahh, I hadn't thought about accuracy of positioning, I knew there had to be a down side. :( Suppose using a stylus like on a PDA might improve that, interesting. Hmm..

Shawn
15-04-2007, 04:42 PM
I borrowed one from a freind, and just found it plain frustrating, would be nice to have the best of both worlds , but I could not get it to work reliably...

I think I might be stressing out the computers input channels enough as it is,

S

rogerg
15-04-2007, 04:53 PM
:lol:

Fair enough. It's one of those things I think I'll have to try for myself sometime, just because I like the idea of it :)

Shawn
15-04-2007, 04:58 PM
It is a great Idea, but I love the idea as well, but I think there is fair bit of devolopement to go with tactile LCD,s before pionting accuracy for this purpose is acceptible for practical use in this field...

And if and when it is, "Dont bite you nails"....

:lol: