PDA

View Full Version here: : Astro-Physics Counterweights

Peter Ward
01-07-2021, 02:00 PM
I am new to the AP mount owners club but it didn't take me long to realise I needed more counterweights.

I will be ordering some more from AP, but if any IIS members also need an extra AP weight or two, PM me if you'd like to have some extras. Cost will be
slightly less than getting them from AP, due fixed customs entry fees etc. being divided amongst those who stick their hand up.

It would be cheaper again if you live in the Sydney area and pick them up
(Australia Post rates are somewhat punitive )

gregbradley
01-07-2021, 03:19 PM
Hi Peter,

Yes I would like 2 of their heaviest counterweights. I have some gym weights on my AP1600 and whilst it works its not pretty.

Greg.

DavidTrap
01-07-2021, 08:59 PM
I got Joshua to machine me up some for my Mach1 out of stainless steel. Price was a little better than AP. He did a very nice job and I was happy to "buy local" for an astro purchase ;)

DT

Joshua Bunn
01-07-2021, 10:08 PM
Thanks David.
Hi Peter and Greg, Id be happy to make you some of these. Drop me an email if you like, and we can work something out.
Cheers, Josh

Peter Ward
01-07-2021, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the offer Josh....shipping stainless steel lumps across the Pacific is not cheap...so a quality local solution would be good. :thumbsup:

Peter Ward
03-07-2021, 01:06 PM
Update:

I have been in negotiations with AP and expect to shortly be making their stainless weights locally, using original AP specs and OEM parts for the brass plunger, spring and knob components.

All this assumes Oz manufacturers won't gouge on the price of locally sourced stainless....but as shipping via FedEx across the Pacific costs almost as much as the weight itself, I am hopeful this will prove cost effective.

Please PM me with the required weight size (as per AP's website) if you are interested.