PDA

View Full Version here: : Tasco Luminova 40-114675 telescope issues

hahnmj
27-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can obtain the manual for the Tasco Luminova 40-114675 telescope. I just got it from a neighbor yesterday. They said it didnt work, but with a little tweaking, I got it to work. Not bad for free, huh? Anyway, I am looking for the manual for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

iceman
27-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Hi Mike, welcome to IIS.

What in particular do you need help with? Can you post a photo or two?

Is that a short tube newtonian?

rmcpb
27-03-2007, 08:26 AM
From this site (http://www.tasco.com/single.cfm?s=Telescopes&family=Luminova&product=40114675) it looks like it has no barlow as the tube looks about eight times as long as the diameter. That is good news as there would be no barlow lense in the light train and it means your mirror will be easier to collimate and you can use simpler lenses.

Good catch!!

I could not find a manual on the web, even at the Tasco site, but its a simple reflector so post any questions and we can deal with them as they arise.

BTW welcome to IIS :)

toetoe
27-03-2007, 11:44 AM
G'day Mike, welcome to IIS.
I have a short tube Tasco http://www.tasco.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=82&ProductID=94&cid=209 which is not barlowed i might add, the book that came with the scope was very little help as a "manual" it was mainly on how to put the EQ1 mount together and not to much on the scope itself. The book covered 4 Tasco models and i'm sure your focal length was one of them. Like Rob said above, post any questions you have and i'm sure all here can help you in one way or another. You will have a lot of fun with the little Tasco. It will be well worth spending a few dollars on a decent Plossl eye piece as it will improve the viewing 100%.

PeteMo
27-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi Mike
Ditto Peter's comment. I have a Tasco Galaxsee 114375 114mm f500 little scope and all that came with it was an instruction sheet on how to assemble the scope and the Tasco SkyWatcher software CD. The Tasco website is useless. I ended up getting some PDF's together off the web on how to align an equatorial mount. I'm guessing your mount is the EQ1 like mine, except that you have a longer focal length on your scope.
I can look these out and post them here if that helps?
Pete