PDA

View Full Version here: : Iridium Reflecting

Derek Klepp
30-06-2020, 05:05 PM
I'm assuming this is an iridium flare .Picked it up while shooting this morning in the dawn light.
Derek

leon
30-06-2020, 05:44 PM
What can I say Derek, that image is just awesome, you are probably right about the flare but the whole scene is perfect, one for the pool room i reckon.
Well done indeed, love it:thumbsup:

Leon:thumbsup:

gregbradley
30-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Beautiful colours and moody scene. It seems like that's what it is.

I noticed on almost all of my nightscape images I took in the last few days Space X satellites are in almost all of them. They make fine trails hard to see but they are in most of my images. Who would have thought space itself was about to become light polluted?

Greg.

Retrograde
01-07-2020, 08:12 AM
Lovely shot Derek. Cool pickup of the Iridium flare & a little cameo from the Pleiades amongst the tree branches. :thumbsup:

Ryderscope
01-07-2020, 10:18 AM
Good catch Derek, a lovely scene.

astroron
01-07-2020, 11:09 AM
Nice pic,beautiful colours. :thumbsup:
I doubt if it is an Iridium flair as all the reflective ones
have been decommissioned as of last year.
The new ones don't have the same solar panels that used to reflect the suns light.
There are many reflective satellites up there though,the best ones are those that go over the poles. :)
Cheers:thumbsup:

multiweb
01-07-2020, 11:13 AM
Nice catch. Framing is spot on. You can even see the pleiades. To get a shot composition like that with the timing is like winning lotto. What are the odds? :thumbsup:

Derek Klepp
01-07-2020, 12:56 PM
Thanks for that Ron.Yes it was a lucky capture.Venus was all clouded out this morning.
Greg I often find myself watching a lot more satellites pre dawn these days with those trains making me wonder how much more work the deep sky imagers will be doing in the future.
Leon I was going to print it out but my printer had to go off to get serviced . It should go A3 but I will do an A4 first.
As for the colour I had just turned the White Balance to cloudy from 4100K.The Canon Ra gives various colours I am still working on the WB.
Derek