PDA

View Full Version here: : Moonlite ball joint connectors

Dbroz
01-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone

I am trying to find the moonlite ball joint truss connectors. I can only seem to find photos of them but none for sale. Does anyone know where I can get these or a way that I can make something like this myself. Any information will be much appreciated

Thank you
Daniel

Wavytone
01-11-2018, 10:51 PM
http://www.telescopes-astronomy.com.au/moonlite-focuser-telescope-accessories-truss-components.htm

Under “truss components”. Not cheap. Apparently the balls are just threaded balls from hardware suppliers, usually sold as ball handles for drawers etc. stainless steel ones, nylon with brass inserts... you choose. You’ll find them online.

RyanJones
01-11-2018, 11:36 PM
Hi Daniel,

I'm not sure if the have to be the exact design as the Moonlite ones but have you considered rose joints for this application ? You can get them from CBC bearings in Sunshine West. Last time I went there the guy was really helpful and just took me out to the racks where the stock is and let me look through it all to find what I needed. Who knows, if you take a picture of what you're after, they may even have exactly what you want. They deal with a lot of machinery parts and have a huge array of couplers.

Kunama
02-11-2018, 06:18 AM
They're no longer made by MoonLite.

I am using the Aurora Precision cage/truss clamps....
http://aurorap.com/prod-cage-truss-clamps.htm

Dbroz
03-11-2018, 10:28 PM
Thanks guys for the help

I don’t live far from sunshine so I might try there. Also I’ve seen aurora precision, I like the look of them but seem very expensive. I don’t want to spend too much on clamps. I have made my own top clamps using L bracket and bottom clamps from timber. The only problem I have is I’m re building a scope and my timber clamps need to be side mounted but I need them on top for the new scope. I’m sure I will work it out. Thanks again guys for your help

Daniel

Matthew Lovell
02-07-2019, 01:24 AM
AstroSystems if you're still looking.

Matthew Lovell