PDA

View Full Version here: : T Adapter C11Edge - missing somerhing

brisen
07-10-2018, 08:59 PM
I have just dragged out the C11 after some time gathering dust. I have the T adapter and used it briefly about 3 years ago. Having just purchased an EQ8 I am hoping to get the C11 up and running for imaging and that’s where the T adapter comes in.

I am hoping someone with the C11 might know if I am missing something because the ring to connect the T adapter to the back of the scope is too large.
On the back of the scope I have the baffle nut screwed onto the back of the scope and the diagonal that came with the scope screws on to this without an issue. I must be missing something because if I take the diagonal off the thread opening is too small for the T adapter to screw straight on and the same when I take the baffle nut off. Have I likely misplaced an adapter?

Brian

The_bluester
08-10-2018, 12:19 PM
The T ring will not generally screw directly on to the back of the tube, there will be an adapter/spacer in between. I am not sure what thread size the C11 uses though.

On my C925 there is a spacer/adapter which includes a tube nut which slides down over the spacer to fix that to the back of the scope, then the T ring screws to the other end of the adapter and the camera obviously attaches there.

The adapter both converts the SCT thread to the T ring thread and sets up the basic spacing to put the camera sensor around the focal plane.

brisen
08-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Thanks, it is the adapter that is missing - back to looking in the garage.