PDA

View Full Version here: : AstroDevices above and beyond

Shano592
23-08-2018, 03:15 PM
I just wanted to publicly give some credit where it is very much due.

A couple of years back, I bought a Nexus-S wifi device when Serge at AstroDevices first released it. For the most part it was rock solid, with a few little hiccups along the way.

Recently, it started being very persnickety, and flat-out refused to connect firstly to the phone or tablet, then to the scope.

Upon troubleshooting with Serge, it was determined that the wifi module had lost it's smoke, and without it, the Nexus-S was a plastic rock.

However...

Serge said that he could fix it, and more importantly (for me) that he would fix it. All I had to do was get it to him, and not hold my breath. QLD Astrofest was upon us at the time, and Serge had one foot out the door.

So I waited until the following week, and duly sent it away, complete with a return satchel enclosed.

Well today, my return satchel was returned, filled with my Nexus-S, and a Meade-powered cable (I enclosed some cash for this) to run it from the scope. Serge was also good enough to enclosed a non-Meade-powered cable as well... for just in case.

I deliberately left it to the end to mention that Serge offered to do this for no charge. The device is comfortably out of warranty, as well.

If you can find better after-sales service and product support, I'll be happily surprised. As for AstroDevices, I cannot recommend them enough. Serge backs his products with wonderful service and advice.

Kunama
24-08-2018, 01:44 PM
Couldn't agree more Shane, Serge is making some custom stuff for me at the moment, he even called me while travelling back to Sydney to make sure I was happy with the Nexus/Encoders that he sent me.

Shano592
24-08-2018, 02:10 PM
That's great Matt. I believe he is also working with @Allan on Lockwood (I could be wrong though).

I fired it up in the warehouse about an hour ago. It started up via the LX200 power (throught eh RS232 port), connected to the phone via wifi, then connected Sky Safari to the LX200, first go! Was able to slew around at imaginary points of interest.

Happy days, and happier nights!