PDA

View Full Version here: : Moonlite, Ron and great service

barx1963
22-08-2018, 12:02 AM
Just a quick note to say thanks to Ron from Moonlite Focusers (focuser.com) for his exemplary service, responsiveness and great products.
I will shortly own 4 (yes 4!!) Moonlite focusers all of which I love.
Ron has just finished an exchange of emails making sure that I have the best possible solution and the best possible price for what I want to do and has shown extraordinary patience with me.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Malcolm

darrellx
22-08-2018, 07:09 AM
Malcolm

Very nice to hear. Recently I purchased an Esprit150 and I have been looking at the Moonlite focusers for a replacement. This will help to decide.

Thanks
Darrell

barx1963
22-08-2018, 09:00 AM
Espirit 150!! Noice!
I am upgrading to the Litecrawler focuser on my Edge 8". Its an all in one focuser and rotator, smaller version of the Nitecrawler to suit the Edge scopes. Will do a report once I have it up and running. I have used manual ML focusers on my 2 dobs (20" and 8") for several years and the motorised CHL focuser on the Edge since March and they are all wonderful.
I also have a Feathertouch focuser on my Stellarvue 4" with the motor and a non motorised one on my Lunt solar scope.
Both brands are excellent. The only fault that I have found is that the motor on the FT is held with a collar that is tightened with a grub screw which has to be checked occasionally as it has worked its way loose on a couple of occasions.

Malcolm

DarkArts
22-08-2018, 10:15 PM
Ron is a great guy. Likewise I am on my 4th Moonlite (though not all owned at the same time). I can't recommend the product any more highly. :thumbsup:

peter_4059
25-08-2018, 10:50 AM
Malcolm, you won't be disappointed with the LiteCrawler. It is a big step up on the smaller Moonlite crayford units and its positioning is very repeatable. I'm also onto my 4th Mooonlite - I nice red LiteCrawler.:thumbsup:

Joshua Bunn
25-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Couldn't agree more Malcolm.