PDA

View Full Version here: : acufocusser

ColHut
06-01-2007, 01:27 AM
I got one of those Skywatcher electric focusers for Skywatcher/Celestron types from Bintel - arrived yesterday . This for my remarkable 4.5" Bushnell Northstar.;) It only took a couple of hours to mod the mounting bracket to fit the Synta focuser and voila! I can foccus now without having the whole scope move off track. A liitle counterweight and it will be even better. Definitely a punt worth taking with fittings.

cheers

ballaratdragons
06-01-2007, 01:31 AM
Good to hear Col. :thumbsup:

They certainly make observing that bit more easier.

Astroman
06-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Did you mean the Orion Accufocus unit? I didnt know Meade made one that would hook upto NON-meade units...

As for the Accufocus they sure are a godsend when it comes to imaging, I am in the process of extending the lead to mine as having it hanging off the scope while I am 3m away is a pain. Although I am getting good excercise from it...lol

noice
06-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Hello!

I wonder why the Orion Accufocus is $30 more than the same-looking Skywatcher Accufocus at Bintel. By the way, this one is about $115 here in Germany :screwy:. But hey, they take $330 for the GSO crayford 10:1 focuser that is $90 in your country ... :help:

The reason for writing is that I also adapted an accufocuser this week, an even cheaper one, the DK-TJ:
http://www.splendourtrading.com.au/images/New/update1115/remocon.jpg
that was also once sold by Meade as far as I know. It's about $30 here. It doesn't feature speed adjustment, but there's a clutch to coarsely focus manually. I'm quite pleased with it. Adaption to my 12" GSO dobsonian took about an hour. Just wanted to let everyone know such accufocusers are worth the hassle of adaption. :thumbsup:

On a side note, I'm a keen reader of your fine forum, although I'm living quite at the other end of the world and your starry sky is so different (lucky *******s! :D). Couldn't find a place to introduce myself, though.

cheers,
Michael

Astroman
06-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Welcom Noice, glad you have come out of the closet, and yes we do have better skies err I mean different LOL :D

That unit you show is similar to what TASCO uses for their focusers, my friend who has a Tasco 114mm newt has one. Very simple and very effective.

ColHut
06-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Drugs again... Skywatcher/ Celestron not Meade post corrected . Looks Identical to the ORION one.

cheers Colin

Astroman
07-01-2007, 08:45 AM
they are probably exactly the same unit, just rebadged, the companies like doing this for some reason.

Tamtarn
07-01-2007, 09:13 AM
:welcome:to IIS Noice ......... Hope we see more posts from you