PDA

View Full Version here: : Who seen SANTA My Doughter ask me.

Phil
26-12-2006, 08:40 PM
:D :thumbsup: My lovely doughter Abby ask me to ask everyone . Did anyone See SANTA in there telescopes last night.

ballaratdragons
26-12-2006, 08:42 PM
No, sorry Phil, it was too cloudy here. But I think I heard him. In fact I'm sure I did hear the bells on the Reindeer. :thumbsup:

Please let Abby know.

jjjnettie
26-12-2006, 08:51 PM
He was spotted by satellite though.
http://www.noradsanta.org/index.php

Gargoyle_Steve
27-12-2006, 03:05 AM
Phil please pass on to your daughter that I experienced a strange siting on Christmas Eve through my scope .... my elderly mother (85 now) has never seen the heavens through a telescope and as I was visiting her for a Christmas dinner that night, and due to the fact that it was an amazingly clear night, I took my dob along. I set it up on the vacant flat grassy block next door around 11pm and for a while I was showing her some of the various brighter objects in the sky.

As I was looking through the telrad and panning across from The Pleiades towards Orion I saw something in the sky - small, moving fast, slight reddish blur. I moved to the eyepiece as fast as I could just in time to catch a glimpse of something leaving the field of view.

It was a very quick glimpse, but I'm SURE I saw a several brownish objects - all moving in a line and sort of connected to each other - and then trailing very close behind them came a bigger object - sort of reddish in colour, with an even brighter red, well, SOMEONE, near the front of it. The whole thing left a faint trail behind as it raced across the sky, like a comets tail, but somehow more glittery and shiny like it was full of stardust.

I can't say for sure it was Santa and his sleigh being pulled across the sky by the reindeer - but it was getting on towards midnight on Christmas Eve, and to be honest I can't think of anything else it could have been!

I hope Abby had a wonderful Christmas full of that special joy that children both give to Christmas and receive from it as well, and I wish her many more wonderful Christmas's to come in the years ahead.

Steve

CoombellKid
27-12-2006, 07:31 AM
If you have Starry Night whack "Santa" in the find pane, he is part of the
satelite database. You may need to set the time and Date to 11.56pm on
the 24/12/06 local time. Then choose either "Magnify" or "Go There" and you
just might catch him.:reindeer: :xmas: :reindeer:

regards,CS sunny days

Astroman
27-12-2006, 07:59 AM
I missed seeing him, but I know his reideers ate the carrots left out for them....

Phil
27-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the replys. The first thing Abby did was came and ask me if anyone has replyed to this thread. I am just about to sit down with her and read the replys.

thanks
Phil:thumbsup:

Dennis
27-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi Phil

I may have captured something...have a look here:

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=176512#post176512

Cheers

Dennis

Phil
27-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Lovely photo Abbys eyes lit up until she seen the green raindeer and then she looked at me and said SANTA has got brown raindeers. WHAT TO SAY.:P

jjjnettie
27-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Chromatic abberation?

Phil
27-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Yep good one but i have a televue 101MM APO.
Thanks anyway
Phil:lol:

Dennis
27-12-2006, 09:07 PM
You have one smart young girl there Phil - way too clever for me. ;)

Cheers

Dennis

Astroman
27-12-2006, 09:26 PM
It would look green if you had a UHC filter on it :P

ving
27-12-2006, 09:36 PM
i didnt actually see santa... maybe teh seeing wasnt good enough :lol:

...but some bugger drank all my beer and ate all my cookies :P