PDA

View Full Version here: : First light Samyang 135mm

Retrograde
30-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Picked up a Samyang 135mm f2 a few weeks ago and finally got the chance to try it out last weekend.
This is 10 x 2.5 mins at f2.8 - in hindsight the subs were a bit long as the bright stars were over-exposed in the individual subs - I'm just not used to imaging at f2.8!

I also have some tilt which I've now realised is likely due to the camera body itself (experienced some previously with a telescope OTA which I'd put down to focuser sag) so I've cropped out the worst of it. Not sure if it is related to the camera mod or what the solution is but will have to investigate that further.

Higher res: http://www.astrobin.com/full/293335/0/

Cheers,
Pete

RickS
30-04-2017, 11:27 AM
A promising first light, Pete! I'm a member of a team using the same lens with a QSI583 at DSW and it gives an incredible FOV.

Atmos
30-04-2017, 04:08 PM
I've been eyeing off one of these for some time, a real bargain considering the price they go for new!

Retrograde
01-05-2017, 11:53 AM
Cheers Rick - yes it's a promising lens for wide field (& can handle full-frame despite that fact that I'm only using APS-C at present).

Agree Colin - whilst I'd love a Zeiss Sonnar there's no way I can justify it given the amount of imaging I do and the price of the Samyang/Rokinon is indeed a relative bargain.