PDA

View Full Version here: : combining refracor and reflector data?

garymck
06-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Hi,

I'm aware that people occasionally combine data from scopes of different focal lengths, but most of what I've seen is combining data from 2 different refractors.

Is it possible to combine data from a refractor and that from a newt - the newt obviously has the cross pattern on bright stars - is this an issue when stacking? I've read one post from a member of a UK forum who said that he had never been able to achieve satisfactory results with this combination.

Has anyone here been able to do it? Is it really that much of an issues?

cheers
Gary

gregbradley
06-12-2015, 02:01 PM
I have combined data from several different scopes in the past. Currently I often combine data from an AP RHA 305 F3.8 with a 4.54 micron pixelled camera with data from a CDK 17 using a 9 micron pixel 16803 camera.

They combine very well and its quite seamless. That may be because the pixels/arc sec are about 50% so its quite even. The smaller pixels are half the size of the larger. But I think it probably would work with other sizes. I use CCDstack and it seems to resize,rescale images if needed to register them using the CCDIS plug in they sell.

Greg.