PDA

View Full Version here: : QHY5-II banding

pmrid
15-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Anyone come across this? It's a band across the image bottom 20% or so. I can't find a cause and it's giving me the willies. The band is much brighter in a FITS image. For some reason, turning it into a JPG for posting here has subdued it almost to vanishing point. But when in use as an imager, it is almost white.
`
Peter

AlexN
15-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Is it directly connected to a computer or a usb hub? Possible electrical interference from a powered hub or an unshielded unpowered hub.

I used to get that sometimes using the Qhy5 in ccdsoft when it was set to high priority downloading.

pmrid
15-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Hi Alex.
yes. It goes through the same powered hum as the main imaging camera. I wondered about that but dismissed it because a plain old QHY5 (before they got fancy) didn't exhibit that sort of banding.
Peter

AlexN
15-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Give it a go on its own lead and seebwhere that gets you. I'm looking at buying a guide camera this week. Let me know if you manage to resolve this. I'm pondering a used Qhy5 vs Qhy5 II or Qhy5L II.

pmrid
15-09-2015, 03:21 PM
Just to clarify - this one is the L-II version.
I'll see if I can give it a run on its own lead. I have one of those USB powered leads I might use.

Peter