PDA

View Full Version here: : QHY9 images only displaying in binary?

E_ri_k
01-09-2015, 10:25 PM
Hi everyone. Has any one got any advice on what may be causing my images to display in binary black and white? It only happens in The SkyX, or MaximDL. In QHY's EziCap the images look normal.

I have never had this problem in MaximDL before. TSX is a different story, I'm still learning it.

The only thing I can think of that has changed, is I'm running windows XP, instead of windows 7. All the drivers and ASCOM drivers are up to date and installed though, so I don't know how that could affect it?
Any ideas?

Erik

billdan
03-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Erik

Check your debayer settings in your program I think its usually set to RGGB.

Bill

RobF
03-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Is it mono or colour?
Could you upload a single unprocessed/stretched FITS pic somewhere for people to check out?

billdan
03-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Assuming it is colour and apart from the debayer settings you didn't have it accidentally set to 2x2 binning, this would only come out mono.

Bill

gregbradley
04-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Sky X camera add on I think is still a work in progress. It doesn't list the FLI filter wheels for example. I suspect the camera add on from SB is bugged for QHY.

I can post at SB about it. Sky X is still maturing and I don't think its hit its fully mature state yet and bugs like this seem to crop up a lot.

So you don't get an image, you get black and white 0s and 1's?

Best to run your camera on the software that works and use Sky X for mount control instead of camera control. I would also check USB cables and make sure they are good or replace them. How long are they, how clean are the plugs, any dings in the cables, are they next to a power cord?

Greg.

Atmos
04-09-2015, 05:34 PM
I haven't had any issues with my QHY9 in TSX yet, what might be worth trying is connecting to your camera via ASCOM as opposed to the TSX inbuilt drivers.

E_ri_k
04-09-2015, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the response guys :) I think I figured out the problem. Wrong gain and offset settings!

I can't believe I overlooked that:screwy:

It's all working fine now.

Erik.

E_ri_k
04-09-2015, 10:27 PM
I wasn't able to connect it via TSX's inbuilt drivers either, ASCOM works for me too.