PDA

View Full Version here: : SpaceX Failed Launch

Nico13
29-06-2015, 12:34 AM
The Spacex ISS re supply launch has just failed to make orbit and broken up in flight.

LewisM
29-06-2015, 02:38 AM
2 resupply fails this year.

They'll be done to Spacefood sticks and toothpaste up there soon :P

astroron
29-06-2015, 09:20 AM
I can see why Sarah Brightman decided that she didn't want to go to International Space Station after all.:scared:
I don't blame her one bit.
Cheers:thumbsup:

multiweb
29-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Saw that on the news this morning. What a bummer. Hope it doesn't tarnish their image too much. These things are bound to happen. Hopefully not too often.

Nico13
29-06-2015, 11:58 AM
They apparently have food till October so the next one better not fail :help:
Tooth paste hey, mmm not too appetising :P

Slawomir
29-06-2015, 12:29 PM
So much for the theory of "continuous technological progress". I feel that in many ways humanity has been increasingly cutting corners to save time and effort/money, and that adversely affects reliability and quality of products and services.

LewisM
29-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Agreed Slawomir.

Seems the US/NASA space industry takes giant leaps forward, then MASSIVE leaps backwards. I am still not overly impressed with the future of NASA's space vehicles - still seems like a jump back to Saturn technology.

The US dependency on SpaceX is intriguing - I am SURE rife with political subterfuge and intrigues.

Chif
29-06-2015, 01:21 PM
You'd be right. Space X only just recently won a court case allowing them to submit bids for government contracts. They're more forcing themselves into the market as opposed to being relied upon.

The biggest issue here, is that when private companies can enter such a market, underbidding occurs and they then need to deliver on their promise of a lower cost, faster product than their competitors. Then things like this happen.

tlgerdes
29-06-2015, 03:34 PM
"People" are more interested in downloading Katy Perry or Kanye West's latest song than improving themselves.