PDA

View Full Version here: : Air BnB experiences in Europe?

traveller
23-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Just wondering if anyone had good (and bad) experiences using Air BnB in Europe. We are travelling to Copenhagen, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Paris and Rome and are looking for 1 and 2 bedroom apartments close to city (and public transport).
PM me if you have recommendations good and bad (so as not to breach the posting policies).
Thanks!
Bo

blink138
23-06-2015, 04:50 PM
a friend of mine put me onto this last week bo so i decided to check the paris places out
the prices for apartments seem good however the thing i did not like is that they do not seem to have a location map for them
i will have to have another look however
pat

astroron
23-06-2015, 05:24 PM
I will follow this thread with interest as I too will be travelling in the next couple of months. :)
Cheers :thumbsup:

blink138
23-06-2015, 07:00 PM
bo if you cant find anything on that site i can give you the name of an owner of a fantastic apartment in the 2nd arrondissment (opera) which will bypass the fees on parisattitude
the apartment is on the first floor in montergueil(?), a pedestrian market street
on the corner of rue montergueil and rue tiquetonne
pat

traveller
23-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Thanks pat, sent you a PM.
Bo

Kunama
23-06-2015, 08:00 PM
I haven't used the AirBnB but in Paris we stay at the Tilsitt Etoile 23 Rue Brey
In Monaco at the Mirabeau and in Rome at Hotel Navona at 8 Via Dei Sediari.
Nice hotels and all within easy walking of the city highlights.

We tend to book and pay well in advance so get really good rates.

traveller
23-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Thanks Matt,
I will look those Up.
Bo :thumbsup:

skysurfer
24-06-2015, 04:15 AM
I recently booked a small AirBNB house in a town near Nantes, France and the people are very handsome. But we have to stay there yet.
So I am curious.

gbeal
24-06-2015, 05:32 AM
Nothing but wonderful experience with four separate places in Paris, Rome, Florence, and Ax en Provence, all in 2013.

To my mind THE only way for us to stay.

Same again in a month's time, Prague, Paris (again!!!), Rome (again, same place, same people).

Happy to recommend a couple if you need. Like anything, it IS a lottery, but the very worst that can happen is you are stuck without accommodation at the instant moment you find it is a hovel, and not as listed. Go find a hotel, stay there and reverse the AirBnB fee.

Thoroughly recommended, from our experience.
Gary