PDA

View Full Version here: : Downloading YouTube videos.

batema
19-06-2015, 11:41 PM
Could someone recommend a program that allows you to download YouTube videos.

JB80
19-06-2015, 11:49 PM
"Real Player" always used to let you download youtube vids. Once installed a little tab would appear at the top right of the vid asking if you want to download it.

Maybe worth looking into at least.

Amaranthus
19-06-2015, 11:51 PM
savefrom.net and keepvid.com are both good, I use them regularly

Solitarian
20-06-2015, 08:23 AM
If you are a Firefox user, Flashgot is a great media downloader .

With youtube vids you can select your choice of formats and file sizes from a click of the toolbar button.

CapturingTheNight
20-06-2015, 08:38 AM
+1 for savefrom.net

Simply add "ss" in front of youtube (eg: www(dot)ssyoutube(dot)com/.......etc) in the address bar of the video you want and it will redirect you to Savefrom.net where you can select what resolution you want and download.

LewisM
20-06-2015, 08:46 AM
If you use Firefox, get netvideohunter. Available as an extension/add-on. Not only works Youtube but everywhere (Vimeo etc)

Been using it since it came out, and never an issue. You can download as many videos as you like - it automatically detects video streams (including advert flv, so look at the file name it gives first)

While at it get Adblock for Youtube - removes those annoying pre-video advertising videos.

Suzy
20-06-2015, 01:05 PM
I also use and am happy with keepvid.com :thumbsup:.

Hi Mark, just be careful with some of those downloaders as they can hijack your search engine. As has happened to me. Read the agreement and uncheck the box which is defaulted to do that. No problem with keepvid though.

PCH
20-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Hey Lewis,

thanks for the tip with these suggestions. Do you know if there are any setups to be done with the "Adblock for Youtube" add-on? The reason I ask is that it doesn't seem to do anything at all on my XP PC. The ads are still there just like they were before. It seems I'm not alone going by the reviews, but maybe it's a simple fix. Any thoughts ? :)

jjjnettie
20-06-2015, 08:55 PM
I use UmmyVideoDownloader. It has the option to just download as MP3 too.

Dealy
21-06-2015, 02:00 AM
Yep that's definitely the easiest way to do it. No programs to download.
Just pause the video you want to keep, add ss before youtube as in the quote above, hit enter and savefrom.net will appear. Choose the file format you want and download it. Very simple.

Octane
21-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Thanks for savefrom.net, guys. That just resolved a problem I had with an almost-impossible to find audio track. :)

Grabbed the video and used VLC Player to convert to MP3.

H

04Stefan07
21-06-2015, 05:29 PM
KeepVid.

mswhin63
23-06-2015, 11:50 PM
http://www.freemake.com/free_video_downloader/