PDA

View Full Version here: : Jurassic World... Save your money

el_draco
13-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Went to the cinema for the last time today.
Entertainment has been replaced by sensory assault and to my utter horror, dim witted morons brought their very young children to watch "it".

Wouldn't rate it as a film.
- Product placement all the way through it; Samsung Sony, Coke... etc etc "Infotainment" or "programming" would be a better description.
- Blatantly ripped off at least a dozen movies, including Alien, Indian Jones and other Jurassic films. Ludicrous.
- Plot predictable rubbish and completely lame. Took less than 10 minutes to work out how the nasty hybrid would get nailed in the end.
- And the chick kept her high heels intact through the whole thing :eyepop:
- Completely stupid.

Hans Tucker
13-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up..I had thought about going to see this movie but had some reservations because I believe the story has run its course. It is not the first film to have accusations thrown at it for product placement and it is not bad if they are subtle about it rather than in your face.

multiweb
13-06-2015, 07:33 PM
Went to see it last night. Expectations were low. Just wanting to see big dinosaurs eating people. It delivered and was entertaining. The guy from Guardians of the Galaxy plays in it. Good pop corn movie. If you like the series you'll enjoy it. Will get the Bluray when it comes out.

inertia8
13-06-2015, 07:43 PM
I goto such a film and check my brain at the door. Same with San Andreas. That said, I prefer to go to Gold Class or wait for the Bluray and given a number of family wish to see this one it'll be gold class.

AG Hybrid
13-06-2015, 08:33 PM
It rips off features from previous good movies? Problem? Also. Are you serious about it ripping from previous Jurassic Park movies? Really? Is it not a sequel to previous Jurassic Park movies?

It has dinosaurs eating people and each other! Were you expecting academy award winning performances?

Some people...

noeyedeer
13-06-2015, 08:42 PM
when Rambo fired a m-60 with one arm from the hip shooting everyone dead I knew war documentaries were fake ...

matt

Glenhuon
13-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Not seen the movie. But, draco I love them quotes :)

el_draco
14-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Whats worse is that, at the last minute of course, eight embryo's of the T-Rex/raptor hybrid were whisked off the island.... the aim, weaponisation.
The next permutation will be "Jurassic mutant ninja dino-warriors" :screwy:

It'll be wall to wall Rambo blood bath. :(

LewisM
14-06-2015, 08:55 AM
Product placement - do they work? Did you feel like rushing out to the foyer and getting a Coke? Or rushing to your mobile phone dealer afterwards? (seriously, watch TV and see how many Apple placements there are...YAWN). No idea if they work on other people, but they have NO impact on me at all, nor distract me - I just have a little chuckle when I see blatant ones. Besides, it is set in a theme park... advertising abounds in such places.

There were sequels to Jurassic Park? Seriously, the 2 that followed were cacca. The Turd...err..third...one was deplorable and typical American tripe. The second one wasn't much better.

I will wait for it to be "available". I would rather donate money to worthwhile charities or scientific research than pay Hollyweird a single cent. Let's pay 1 actor $4 million per film.... dollars that could help get our arse to Mars instead.

Priorities in life.

AG Hybrid
14-06-2015, 09:55 AM
Well. Your not wrong. Still this movie has racked in the cash. Who needs substance when you can make loads of money?

FlashDrive
14-06-2015, 10:25 AM
:rofl:

Flash....

AussieTrooper
15-06-2015, 01:07 PM
I want that M-60. It never stops, and has a never ending belt. I think he lent it to Chuck Norris though, and hasn't managed to get it back.

rustigsmed
15-06-2015, 01:39 PM
product placement does work haha

Camelopardalis
15-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Dinosaurs eating people...what's not to like?! :shrug: