PDA

View Full Version here: : Swine flu

Octane
11-06-2015, 05:12 PM
It'd be fun, they said.

My advice: don't get it.

I felt like I was leaving this mortal coil; such hellish torment I have never, ever experienced in my entire life.

In good news, the wife and I started eating healthy (cut out all sugar and crap) and exercising and wanted to lose weight together. I lost 5 kg in 5 days due to swine flu, so, I'm going OK. But, she's battling pnuemonia at the moment, so, she might end up trumping me afterall!

H

rustigsmed
11-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Not good H,

Real flu (as opposed to colds) is terrible.
Hope the mrs gets better soon.

all the best

Octane
11-06-2015, 05:31 PM
It didn't help that I was stuck in ED for 36 hours waiting for a bed, either. I went through six litres of saline drip to get to the point where my heart was beating normally. Not fun.

Cheers, Russell.

H

LewisM
11-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Gawd, damned pigs! Only good for one thing.... BACON!

Hope you get better, but remember - you promised me MY FSQ106N in your last will and testament :) :P

DarkArts
11-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Ouch! Glad to hear you're on the mend, though. I shall spare several kind thoughts for your missus.

gregbradley
11-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Ouch. Glad to hear you are all right and best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery.

Greg.

DavidTrap
11-06-2015, 08:48 PM
First case I've heard of this season H... Did they test you for the H1N1 flu strain? Tamiflu?

Saw a couple of young, otherwise healthy people wind up extremely crook with this a few years ago - some treated with an artificial lung for a week or so. Must go and get my flu shot!

Hope your missus improves ASAP.

DT

graham.hobart
11-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Hope you and the wife are feeling bit better. Keep telling people who have colds, "its not the flu" you know when you have had the flu. Case in point.
Get well soon.
Graz

alocky
11-06-2015, 11:19 PM
I spent 10 days in hospital with this about 5 years ago. Very unpleasant indeed and best wishes to yourself and I sincerely hope your partner improves soon.
Very nasty business indeed.

Larryp
11-06-2015, 11:23 PM
Wishing you both a speedy recovery

batema
11-06-2015, 11:50 PM
Did you have the up the nose test. After they inserted a scrubbing brush type device all the way up my left nostril which was horrific she tells me know for the right one. Not fun or noce. Get better soon.

CJ
12-06-2015, 07:57 AM
Yikes! Two very nasty illnesses!

Ric
12-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Not good H

Hope you both are on the mend.

Lot's of cold fresh air mate, kill those bugs off.

ZeroID
12-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Not good to hear,
Take it easy and get well soon, both of you.

graham.hobart
12-06-2015, 10:31 AM
"Influenza"
sometimes attributed to 15th century Italian- "influence/visitation by the stars " !

Paul Haese
12-06-2015, 11:07 AM
One good thing about flu vax for the last couple of years Swine flu had been included. I am told by the doctor once you have been vaccinated for swine flu you will never get it.

I am glad to hear that you are on the mend and I hope your wife gets better soon too H.

GeoffW1
12-06-2015, 11:26 AM
All the best to you and Mrs H.

Cheers

Octane
12-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Many thanks, all. I'm feeling a lot better today. Still breaking out into the occasional sweat, but, that's from exertion more than anything. This thing really doesn't like you being on your feet at all!

David, yes, I got tested for H1N1. Tamiflu is what I'm taking for it.

Andrew, 10 days? Wow. You got hit worse than me! You would have lost an awful lot of weight.

Mark, I woke up in ED and the doctor who woke me said that I would likely have to have the thing up the nose done. He himself had it done and warned me that it would not be pleasant. Luckily, I just had a throat swab thing done, which was still not anything nice. Nothing like a brush down the throat to set off your gag reflex!

Thank goodness I can program CCDCommander from indoors and watch it do its thing via TeamViewer. :)

H

Exfso
16-06-2015, 01:37 AM
Glad you are on the mend. Anything around the throat is the pits, you wanna have half your tongue removed due a tumour, man do they stuff with your throat then. And to finish off the mess they nuke the whole area......:sadeyes:

Hagar
16-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Glad to hear you are on the mend H. The flu is a real bugg er of a thing and still kills a lot of people each year.

swannies1983
17-06-2015, 10:41 PM
Back in March 2010, my wife, 8 month boy and I came down with Swine Flu. It's bad enough dealing with it yourself but having to look after a baby with it as well was pure hell. We were the first reported cases of Swine Flu in SA that year.

Octane
18-06-2015, 10:43 AM
Cheers Peter and Doug. I'm still getting over it. But, feeling a lot better now!

Dan, that is truly awful. My wife and two stepkids also got sick at the same time and I felt so helpless. :(

H